• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Regional Fuel Prices

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are describing my exact scenario. I use my bicycle and bicycle cargo trailer for all of my local shopping and errands.
My doctor also wanted me to lose weight, so between morning walks and using the bicycle, I got my BMI down to 23. And I'm not done yet -- still have a little bit more I want to lose, but at this point I did hit the minimum number the doctor wanted me at.
I was amazed how my other numbers all came back in line by cleaning up my diet (just a little bit) & adding some exercise into my daily routine.
Glad to hear you are succeeding. Filled up today at $4.60

Reaction score
My goats don't mow. They lay around and wait for me to bring them food, which is costly and unproductive. I got a freezer shelve full of cheese and only one goat giving me milk now. Works out, I tired of the milking and cheese making game. New birds are 16 weeks old today. It's their birthday! YaY! Should start laying any time now. One of my two roosters, from the bunch is in jail by the back porch hollers constantly, I WANT TO DIE, I WANT A DIE. His wish is to be Sunday roast, Monday's gumbo, Wednesday's soup and Thursday's leftovers with noodles. Been getting only 4 - 7 eggs a day from older 13 birds. I jacked up my egg price to $3.25 a carton. Supplies down, prices up, just like in the stores. It's been working and soon I will change the sign by the road to announce, "Pullet Eggs available". I have lost my mind. I think I am happy. ELIO TAKE ME AWAY,

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven’t been in a gas station for over 2 years and don’t miss the pumps or the high cost of gas. Charging at home is convenient and more affordable. Another advantage, no oil drips on my garage floor. I’m enjoying my first EV experience and was a bit skeptical when making the decision to buy one.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven’t been in a gas station for over 2 years and don’t miss the pumps or the high cost of gas. Charging at home is convenient and more affordable. Another advantage, no oil drips on my garage floor. I’m enjoying my first EV experience and was a bit skeptical when making the decision to buy one.
Ok, that's all fine and good, but what the trade off? How much higher is your Electric bill? (And I know electricity is higher where you live) or do you "tap" into your neighbors? Wait a minute, you moved, but still on the higher side of electricity. And have you had any repairs yet? Of worn anything out? How many miles have you put on that new toy?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, that's all fine and good, but what the trade off? How much higher is your Electric bill? (And I know electricity is higher where you live) or do you "tap" into your neighbors? Wait a minute, you moved, but still on the higher side of electricity. And have you had any repairs yet? Of worn anything out? How many miles have you put on that new toy?
Coss, I like your idea of tapping into my neighbors electrical outlet. :) No real trade offs that I’ve experienced. In retirement I only drive about 5K miles/year. Our local rate is 0.15 per kWh and charging adds < $10 per month to our electric bill - plus any charging we do during long distance road trips. Best example (2021) is our 1st long distance 1200 mile move back from Coeur d’Alene, ID to South Dakota at a cost of $40. Cost to drive our previous 2005 SUV 60 gallons of gas @ $2.50 = $150. I admit to having range anxiety and worried about how difficult it might be finding charging stations when needed, and how long it would take to charge. Turned out to be a non-issue. The trip planner scheduled our stops and navigation directed us to the charging stations. When driving our gas car we would stop to fill the tank and then have lunch/coffee. With the EV we stopped, plugged it in, walked to a nearby restaurant/coffee shop and monitored the charging status on our cell phone while we had lunch. First car I’ve ever owned that has had zero maintenance or repair issues……….only periodic car washes, tire pressure, and tire rotation in just under 10K miles in 2 years of ownership. Also, the fastest car I’ve ever owned, both 0-60 and top speed.

Top Bottom