• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservation Cutoff?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
reservations …

if I understand correct, if you are willing to take a chance, "NON_REFUNDABLE", you are in the "primary" group ??

if you want "refundable", you are in the next group.

the AMOUNT gives you the position WITHIN YOUR GROUP ??

at any time you can "anti-up" with more $ and move your relative position in YOUR GROUP ??

if you anti-up, are you still locked in to your date ? or does your date now move within your $ group ??

The groups are ordered as follows with the ability to move up in your own major group to the $1,000 level.

The first people to get Elios are the $1,000 All-In people followed by the $500, $250, and $100 All-In people. The lowest person in the $100 All-In group will be ahead of everyone in the next group which is the $1,000 I-Want-In people followed by the $500, $250, and $100 I-Want-In people. Those people are most likely followed by some vehicles built for stores, fleet, walk-up customers... But, the reservists are the only ones who are guaranteed to get an Elio in the first year of production.

I hope that helps.

Oh, some rules... you can upgrade from $100 to $250 to $500 to $1,000 All-In (or up the I-Want-In chain) fairly easily on the website. But, because the I-Want-In deposits are not accesible to Elio, it takes a little more effort to switch from the I-Want-In to the All-In group but it can be done. Email to Elio seems to be the most expedient way.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Goofyone,
Jerome and the rest of the crew at the Air Show really impressed me. That's a Class Act to show off the Elio. Paul can be proud!

Yes they are! I had a chance to chat some more with Jerome, and his lovely wife Pam, at the Birmingham showing and he told us about his concept for hiring and training the road crew. He did not want sales people, as in his words 'the price and fuel economy numbers do all the selling', so what he has done is chosen friendly people and have them learn as much as possible about the vehicle so they can answer most of the questions people have. The road crew does not pressure anyone into making a reservation as they are only supposed to mention how many reservations EM has for the vehicle and only discuss things further if initiated by the visitor.

Jerome and Pam Vassallo are truly committed to seeing Elio Motors succeed. Most people do not know that they are actually investors in the company and even sold their house to purchase the black class B RV which travels with the tour and serves as their home now along with their little dog.

Buzzy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzzy,
Depends on the size of your amp, a Peavey Combo 300 would be a bit of a squeeze, especially with a Fender PBass in it's factory case.
Dusty
I have a Musicman 212HD, like a Twin Reverb, but I'm thinking of downsizing to a ZT Lunchbox with a 210XL Hartke and may play a Fender Mustang, short scale or Steinberger bass. I don't know whether, or not the ZT will produce the bass range well, EQ-wise, but it kicks a** with a guitar. I thought the Hartke would do well as a bass cabinet.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jerome and Pam Vassallo are truly committed to seeing Elio Motors succeed. Most people do not know that they are actually investors in the company and even sold their house to purchase the black class B RV which travels with the tour and serves as their home now along with their little dog.

I had heard that. That is real commitment. Those that still think Elio is a scam need to understand that selling everything and hitting the road to get this off the ground is not the behavior of a scammer.

rdoearth

Elio Addict
Reaction score
=Jerome and Pam Vassallo are truly committed to seeing Elio Motors succeed. Most people do not know that they are actually investors in the company and even sold their house to purchase the black class B RV which travels with the tour and serves as their home now along with their little dog.

Yes, they sold their HOUSE to get into this. That is commitment.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a Musicman 212HD, like a Twin Reverb, but I'm thinking of downsizing to a ZT Lunchbox with a 210XL Hartke and may play a Fender Mustang, short scale or Steinberger bass. I don't know whether, or not the ZT will produce the bass range well, EQ-wise, but it kicks a** with a guitar. I thought the Hartke would do well as a bass cabinet.

Buzzy,
IMHO: Reading the frequency response and EQ control curves, which both drop dramatically (+5 to -40) below 200hz and stop dead at about 110hz, I don't see how you would be happy with the ZT as part of your bass rig. The Hartke is a good sounding cab but they always have been a bit overpriced for my tastes. If downsizing you might want to look at Roland's Cube 60 or Micro Cube RX, Peavey Vypyr VIP3 or Fender Rumble 100. Much smaller gear and a lot of bang for the buck, keep the P and get a gig bag. It will all fit in an Elio.
Dusty
ps, ck my profile for expertise in this area

Last edited:
Top Bottom