• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

AJ Maxey

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something; but if it's at 45,634 why would they wait till 47,000?
Wouldn't it be more like 46,000? I would see that as a milestone.
Or have they been going up by 1,500 between updates?
You're right, that's what I meant! I don't know why I said 47k... guess I was reading 46,534 or something. Numbers so close in sequence+momentary dyslexia=false statistics :crazy:

Sr.MailMan

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

When a person upgrades to a higher $$$ level,does that increase the total reservation number on the Elio web site or does that number just represent initial/first reservations? I am #10910 (and did upgrade 3 times to get there).

Answer:
Thanks for contacting us. Great question, the total reservation number on our website does not include upgrades. So of the 45,634 individual reservations, you will be receiving number 10.910! That is a great number.

Best Regards,

Elio Team

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

When a person upgrades to a higher $$$ level,does that increase the total reservation number on the Elio web site or does that number just represent initial/first reservations? I am #10910 (and did upgrade 3 times to get there).

Answer:
Thanks for contacting us. Great question, the total reservation number on our website does not include upgrades. So of the 45,634 individual reservations, you will be receiving number 10.910! That is a great number.

Best Regards,

Elio Team
That's correct, once you're in the system you become part of the overall reservation count whether it's $xxx amount Want In or $750 and below All In
You only get an SIL (Spot In Line) when you get to the $1,000 All In

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Latest reservations at 46,036 as of 9-28-2015. Latest graph:

ELIO RESERVATIONS 9-28-2015.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's a very linear trend over the last year (~1000 per month). I wonder if the P5 unveiling or when they starting collecting Reg A+ funding will cause another spike?
Probably something small. I think there needs to be a compelling reason, a self interest reason to do a reservation right now to drive any spike or increases.
Very early on, there were three reasons, of course the car itself is compelling, but there was also the idea that you needed a reservation to get it year1 while it was limited to who reserved. And of course the 50% bonus. Now there is the idea that 240k will be built with no shortage of reservation slots. So compulsion #2 is gone, for now, and #1 + #3 doesn't force a move on it right this moment.

IMHO, one of the two profiles below would create a strong performance on reservations;

Profile #1
I'm expecting several things to happen before there is a rush to take-up ALL the reservations. 1st, the P5 should be finished, 2nd at least one E-series done with some kind of test completed. That will increase the rate. Then some trigger will happen, or needs to happen, like the ATVM loan or confident announcement of the production start schedule, or possibly setting a schedule for the end of the 50% bonus.
Then if there is enough of a rush that makes it seem like reservations will be consumed before production start, the rest will be gobbled up quickly.

Profile#2
Or lets say EM again says, production will be limited to only reservations taken, instead of saying 240k. This will be effective so long as the P and E series have first hit some milestones.

Top Bottom