• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a person making a reservation in May? I find it hard to believe that there has not been one reservation. I think that either the website person got laid off or they are not accepting any more reservations.
Perhaps the three wheeler early adopter market has reached it's saturation point. The majority of vehicle purchases are made after a test drive or at least seeing a vehicle on the showroom floor. I had an Elio refundable reservation deposit, but wasn't sure of making the purchase until after a test drive to determine fit, finish, and performance. I've never purchased a vehicle without a test drive that wasn't setting on the dealer's lot or in the showroom or more significantly based on no guarantee of delivery.

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps the three wheeler early adopter market has reached it's saturation point. The majority of vehicle purchases are made after a test drive or at least seeing a vehicle on the showroom floor. I had an Elio refundable reservation deposit, but wasn't sure of making the purchase until after a test drive to determine fit, finish, and performance. I've never purchased a vehicle without a test drive that wasn't setting on the dealer's lot or in the showroom or more significantly based on no guarantee of delivery.
If it is saturated, no one in there right mind will do financing. His model would require at least a half million sales to reach profitability and pay off debt.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it is saturated, no one in there right mind will do financing. His model would require at least a half million sales to reach profitability and pay off debt.
The Pre-reservation market may be saturated. I ass.u.me many Elio orders to follow a production start when people begin to see them on the roadways for the first time. However, market acceptance still has to be proven by all the three wheeler concepts Elio, SRK, and SOLO after the production start. The big high risk question for investors.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree Rickb. Unfortunately EM run out of money before E-series completion and validations. Now that test drive we all seek is far from happening while EM seeks for funding.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the counter is not changing because the reservations are not changing?
I doubt that. I hope to find out soon. Sent a message to ElioMotors today. Will let y'all know.

"Hey all,

I know we are all waiting for new production funding.

You know the natives are getting restless.

Possible appeasement of the peasants ?

1. Reservation Counter updates.

2. Simple video's of E1C tooling around.

Thank You. Booboo "

Top Bottom