• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In some ways this in not 100% a new thing. In the 90's when Harley was rescued from an impending death. The Harley family bought it back and the EVO engine saved the day. For a while you had to ordered and put money down on a new HD up to 14 months in advance. There were cases of bikes being sold and resold at a profit two times before it was delivered. My 96 FB was 14 months waiting for delivery.
Of course Elio is not a Harley and does not have a 100 year history and following ...YET. If enough interest can be drummed up, this could work.
Hype sells often more than quality. If you want this to work beat the drums be honest about it but sell the idea then sell the product.

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got the numbers from Marco, at this rate I'm betting the reservations will be gone before Christmas.
wJ2hgGH.png

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In some ways this in not 100% a new thing. In the 90's when Harley was rescued from an impending death. The Harley family bought it back and the EVO engine saved the day. For a while you had to ordered and put money down on a new HD up to 14 months in advance. There were cases of bikes being sold and resold at a profit two times before it was delivered. My 96 FB was 14 months waiting for delivery.
Of course Elio is not a Harley and does not have a 100 year history and following ...YET. If enough interest can be drummed up, this could work.
Hype sells often more than quality. If you want this to work beat the drums be honest about it but sell the idea then sell the product.
Your last sentence using Hype sells if you refered to Elio-that was puzzling to me: Here I will quote the following from Elio motors website:
"Elio is not a fling. It is not a novelty.
It is the product of a mobile society naturally evolving to a more efficient andpractical form of transportation.

Let’s look at the facts and realities of the world we live in:

• Gas today is at an all-time high
  • Space is becoming a smaller and smaller commodity and we’re being crowded off our roads and bumped and dinged out of our parking lots
  • Cars cost more than the average house did only a few decades ago
Traditional personal transportation isn’t working like it used to. We need a new way of getting around.

That’s when a car enthusiast, a visionary, a man with a dream named Paul Elio got an idea. A simple, brilliant idea. To create a vehicle for today’s generation of drivers that addressed their transportation needs and the world’s new realities."
Terrence :)

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your last sentence using Hype sells if you refered to Elio-that was puzzling to me:
I read that to mean "Hype sells products" as in "getting people excited and spreading the word sells products", I'm not sure that it was a jab.
He was just emphasizing the importance of getting people excited about the idea, not necessarily trying to sell them on the object.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read that to mean "Hype sells products" as in "getting people excited and spreading the word sells products", I'm not sure that it was a jab.
He was just emphasizing the importance of getting people excited about the idea, not necessarily trying to sell them on the object.
Thank you for the clarification ! I am at peace.
Terrence :)

Top Bottom