• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, I get this:
View attachment 21405
now.jpg

How about now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This will not bring in too many reservations. With this new price and and automatic transmission, the car is close to ten thousand. There are lots of good used cars for ten thousand.

True, I bought my car used for $10,000. And without a warranty I had to pay to replace the coolant overflow tank and thermostat in the first year of ownership, along with the wear and maintenance items for a nearly 10 year old car, brake pads and rotors, nearly all the old fluids, new tires, new battery soon...

The Elio gets you a brand new vehicle with warranty for peace of mind, and along with that you still get better gas mileage than any other ICE vehicle on the road by nearly double and likely cheaper insurance.

I agree that getting close to the $10,000 mark is at least a psychological barrier, but when you look at $10,000 used vehicles with unneeded carrying capacity vs a new Elio that fits a lot of people's "and" needs, I think the Elio still wins. And I think the unique styling will be a big draw as well.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This will not bring in too many reservations. With this new price and and automatic transmission, the car is close to ten thousand. There are lots of good used cars for ten thousand.

Hmm........
Buy someone else's problems for $10K
or
Buy a new vehicle with warranty and auto trans for $8.5K
or
Learn to drive stick and save an additional $1K

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
you still get better gas mileage than any other ICE vehicle on the road by nearly double...

My just purchased 2011 Toyota Prius gets 49-50 mpg with all city driving...Same as the Elio's 49 mpg city...But the Elio will get 84 mpg highway while my Prius drops to 46 mpg! The Prius combined city/highway combined mpg makes it a gas hog compared to the Elio...Plus I prefer a 600 plus mile range with the Elio to the "up to 450 mile range" of the Prius! ELIO sips, Prius guzzles!!!

Last edited:

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This will not bring in too many reservations. With this new price and and automatic transmission,
the car is close to ten thousand. There are lots of good used cars for ten thousand.

I JUST BOUGHT A 2006 BMW X3 FOR $4800 .
YES IT HAD A FEW LITTLE PROBLEMS TO FIX & NO IT DOESN'T GET 84mpg
BUT STILL , IT IS A LOT OF VEHICLE FOR THE MONEY AND IT RUNS LIKE A TOP .

IT IS THE WIFEMOBLE AROUND HERE AND THUS THE AUTOMATIC TRANNY .
HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE THE LAST ONE WE BUY BEFORE I GET MY ELIO .

DSC_0404.JPG

Top Bottom