• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Road & Track Livestreams A Test Drive Of The P5. And The Fender Falls Off... :(

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just realized, I don't like the gas door hung above the tail-pipe exit hole. Someday, I'll likely remove the 'bulge', dress it up somehow and replace with a shorter stainless or chrome exhaust pipe.

If that's too expensive, I'll shorten the bulge 12-18in, re-glass it, chop the same out of the pipe clamp the end back on, or maybe get an off-the-shelf chrome tail-pipe extension.
I've spilled enough gas, on hot motorcycle exhaust, to worry about it.
I like the idea of "dressing it up", tho. Maybe Carbon Fiber wrap the bulge, along with the mirrors, gas door, wheel covers, interior panels...
OR...
go "old school" with the "Indian-style" fenders, Mooneyes wheel covers, old school pinstripes, wide-white-wall tires, and a pair of BIG FUZZIE DICE to hang in the middle of the windshield!...only when it's parked, tho. :cool:

ajetmech

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea of adding a kickstand. Even though it could never be used, I still like the idea of adding it.

I just might do it !
Just remember to put that kickstand back up before you head down the road, don't want that dragging while you're pretending to lean around the corner like on your bike.

Top Bottom