• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

San Diego Goes Green For Elios Advantage!

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like I said - cost of living is really high if you are not loaded. And, if you are not loaded, you have to commute. And if you have to commute, you will spend a great deal of time in your car. And if you want to live near the beach you have two choices only: you can live in communities that are nice that you cannot afford or in communities will lots of crazy, drunken kids. You can't afford those either, but at least it is entertaining. "Dude, have you, like, seen this girl, who, um, like, came by this way, like. Dude, maybe an hour ago? Do you have a dollar?" Oh, and sometimes it rains. LOL.

And there are no functional speed limits here, so the Elio will be a challenge to get on the freeways and in and out of traffic. 80 is average, 90 is commonplace, and 100 in spurts is a daily observation. I've been 130 on that stretch heading north on the I5 through Camp Pendelton.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And there are no functional speed limits here, so the Elio will be a challenge to get on the freeways and in and out of traffic. 80 is average, 90 is commonplace, and 100 in spurts is a daily observation. I've been 130 on that stretch heading north on the I5 through Camp Pendelton.

Yea. didn't get to see many freeways. I took public transpo from Oldtown to Coronado island and to the Mexican border. We never seem to be stuck in traffic. I hate high speed highways. I can't see me driving the elio on roads such as that. I may just use the elio here in WV and sell it if I save enough money to make the big move. I think I could get by with public transpo and a Taxi now and again once in San Diego. Thanks for the info.

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup. Great place to live. I grew up in the Midwest and lived on the East Coast (Baltimore/D.C. area) for a couple of years and San Diego just cannot be beat. Traffic is no worse than other big cities, the people have a live and let live attitude that reduces cultural friction, and the water temps are high enough to permit water sports all year long. Skiing is a couple of hours away, but other than that, it is paradise.

San Diego is not for everyone though. For those who measure quality of life by the amount of house you can afford, San Diego might be one of the worst places to live. A 4,000 square foot house on 0.25 acres of land with a legitimate three car garage will set you back $500,000 if you wanna drive 1.5 hours a day up to >$10,000,000 for something near to work. Our place is nice, 2,300 square foot, 2 car garage, small lot, nice commute to La Jolla where I work, and that's $700k now. So you buy/rent small and live outside.
I'm not sure I should let this cat out of the bag since there's already too many people moving into this rural area (Davie County, NC): I have almost 50 acres with 3 homes on it. One for me and my wife. One for my mother-in-law. And one for my son. I also have a 36x48 shop, a 48x64 barn and a 38x48 block storage building. Here's the kicker- you can get all of it for about $750,000. I'm an hour from the mountains and a few hours from the beach. There's a river 1/4 mile away. My closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away. We're the last place at the end of the end of the end of a dead end road. But, like San Diego, this isn't for everyone! Fortunately!

Top Bottom