• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

San Diego Goes Green For Elios Advantage!

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup. Great place to live. I grew up in the Midwest and lived on the East Coast (Baltimore/D.C. area) for a couple of years and San Diego just cannot be beat. Traffic is no worse than other big cities, the people have a live and let live attitude that reduces cultural friction, and the water temps are high enough to permit water sports all year long. Skiing is a couple of hours away, but other than that, it is paradise.

San Diego is not for everyone though. For those who measure quality of life by the amount of house you can afford, San Diego might be one of the worst places to live. A 4,000 square foot house on 0.25 acres of land with a legitimate three car garage will set you back $500,000 if you wanna drive 1.5 hours a day up to >$10,000,000 for something near to work. Our place is nice, 2,300 square foot, 2 car garage, small lot, nice commute to La Jolla where I work, and that's $700k now. So you buy/rent small and live outside.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Yea, that's the downside of moving to SD. I can't afford it. LOL. My pad is nice but only worth 200K here. And I don't have any extra to move with. I actually want to live near the beach at Mission Beach and checked out the prices of the places there and 200K wouldn't buy a dog house there.
Hopefully, i'll get to visit now and again and for now will have to be enough.

Bet it will be fun driving your Elio around Mission Beach area. The view from them bridges are like postcards. Course you see it so much, you might be use to them views.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. I don't think you can buy a condo in Mission Beach for 200k. But 200k would get you a condo 20 minutes from there and there are neighborhoods a bit further afield that are semi-affordable. Still, it's an expensive city housing-price-wise and if you have it good where you are (Morgantown is nice in it's own way), then moving West to live small would be tough.

As for driving the Elio San Diego will indeed be among the safer locales for the Elio: few two-lane roads, no inclement weather to speak of, light winds, small hills, moderate temps.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll have to look into that. I hope to be there before I'm 50. Overall, I plan to walk and use the public transportation (which is great compared to ours), but will keep the elio for some lite driving.

Have you been to Morgantown? If we had an ocean, beaches, nicer weather, and girls that didn't all smoke, I'd never move. :)

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup, I have indeed been to Morgantown and more than once. Used to live in the D.C. area and go down to WV to ski from time to time. I also came and gave at talk once to some colleagues at a swanky resort out in the middle of no-where and I flew in. Scary flight as it was snowing, but I lived. I'm a drug target discovery biologist for a big pharma company and San Diego is one of the places where the action for that is hot.

The grass is mostly always greener. San Diego is nice, but unless you love the ocean and wanna be in it all the time there are many other places where one can get a decent climate for lots less hassles.

Fred Yerrick

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Top Bottom