• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sec Filings

Reaction score
I agree wizard, anything other is treason or sabotage. OK, I'm sorry their feelings are hurt, be disappointed, throw in the towel but they are talking about MY investment. When negative 'feelings' are posted on line and other's read it and is swaged into barking the same tunes over & over really pisses me off. It is like being in a room full of two year olds, all with dirty diapers when they should be potty trained by now.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After they announced the 25 model build run, they had some engineering assistance come in via RedDot and Roush. They also switched to a unibody and then to steel body panels. Those changes weren't cheap, I'd bet and it doesn't make sense to continue making the 25 vehicles that they had planned. I mean, should they have spent the money making the 25 vehicles that would be unusable for any real engineering things or should they have stopped producing vehicles using the no-longer used design? I think they made the right call though it's obviously unpopular to the "I want it now" crowd.

Basically, instead of building 25 models that can't be used, they spent the money on engineering, designing the new frame, body panels, brakes, Air conditioning/defrost, suspension tuning, traction control, and a much needed hemorrhoidectomy! ;)

I agree! Most certainly (and finally) a right call. I honestly believe that the shockingly incomplete "glued together" powered roller...
They had at that point would have sunk the company had they taken it, or anything close to it, to production.

But previous to that call, we, and people still putting all-ins down, were led to believe that the vehicle engineering was fairly set...
And that the drawings for the 25 E-series vehicles were fairly close to representing a production-ready vehicle.

We had no idea that such huge major revisions were necessary...
For both quality and for solving so many issues that had not even been addressed yet.

We had no idea just how far away from a truly roadworthy "real" replicate-able vehicle they were at that point.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really don't like to read such negative discourse, however, I cannot think of any logical rebuff. I continue to believe in a positive outcome, but it is more on faith than fact. So, hang on if you can. I will be there at the finish. We will either celebrate with hot dogs or prime rib. Either way we get stress relief.:D
you'll never reduce stress eating hot dogs OR prime ribs, both will shorten your life span and raise your cholesterol
Remember every pound you lose increases your gas milage!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think all the negativity is because no one knows what Paul Elio is going through! And what hoops that he has jumped through to get the Elio this far.
Stop it. You've almost got me crying here. Send him another check Doug. That may make him feel better. ;)

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Basically, instead of building 25 models that can't be used, they spent the money on engineering, designing the new frame, body panels, brakes, Air conditioning/defrost, suspension tuning, traction control, and a much needed hemorrhoidectomy! ;)
Some of that engineering was anticipated, and required even if there had been no switch to unibody frame. For example: AC tuning, suspension test/tune, traction control, etc. All that had to be done anyway, and should have been budgeted into the E series expenses from the beginning. So they took the money needed to build and test 20-some E series vehicles, and instead redesigned the frame/body panels. I get that engineering work isn't cheap, but the lack of return for the A+ investment funds is pretty disappointing, and not at all what I was expecting.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some of that engineering was anticipated, and required even if there had been no switch to unibody frame. For example: AC tuning, suspension test/tune, traction control, etc. All that had to be done anyway, and should have been budgeted into the E series expenses from the beginning. So they took the money needed to build and test 20-some E series vehicles, and instead redesigned the frame/body panels. I get that engineering work isn't cheap, but the lack of return for the A+ investment funds is pretty disappointing, and not at all what I was expecting.
True. I was disappointed as well. It would be nice to see what they got with the money but I suspect what they mostly got was time.

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMO, while the SEC filing doesn't look good for the future, it also isn't allowed to include speculative monies from alternative sources. While the ATVM loan can be discussed, as it's a publicly known part of this ride, we can only hope it moves (finally) forward.
There are things going on that simply cannot be discussed, again IMO, as it "could" cause problems, anywhere from People trying to jump on the float, to others taking steps to prevent the positive forward motion, from happening.
GO ELIO!!!!!!

Top Bottom