• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sec Filings

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are folks that get paid the big bucks to purvey and make sense out of information like SEC filings. If you are following one company, as we are here, I suggest a quick read over the whole thing. Changes can be made anywhere in the filing.
" I was gambling in havana, I took a little risk
Send lawyers, guns, and money
Dad, get me out of this, hiyah!"
Oh you excitable boy you!

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are several ways to interpret the forbearance agreement. I choose to see it as evidence that Paul was able to show something to the creditors that was sufficiently positive and compelling for them to agree to forbear enforcement of the prior penalties and extend the deadlines by a significant amount. This to me is a positive sign that Paul was able to back up his confidence in a significant source of funding being received in the near future.

My choice and YMMV.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, I've been frying other fish lately, but I can tell you a couple of things. One is that the whole business with the fines, etc, has been misreported -- and the SEC has NOTHING to do with giving EM any kind of grace period. If Elio gets in trouble -- and they won't, they've got the time needed to pay it off -- they have to report it to the SEC. The SEC takes no action -- it's just a reporting requirement. So relax on that one.

The second thing is that EM is making progress with financing through an investment bank. I'm pretty sure I know which one, but am not at liberty to say. However, one of the glitches in getting the financing was the possible fine in Shreveport -- and that's been resolved, so things a proceeding. EM really is thinking 2018 to start production, though of course we've all heard these dates before.

Finally, the ATVM loan thing may not be entirely dead. I can't say anything more than that, but it's a matter of ringing the right chimes with the right people at 1700 Pennsylvania Ave. That now appears to be possible. Soon. But the current political instability isn't helping ANYBODY to get anything done, so, as usual, don't hold your breath on the ATVM. It's possible but who can say?

What I'm saying here is that EM is alive, fighting systematically AND SUCCESSFULLY to get the vehicle financed. It would be a mistake to write them off. Finally, what the bozos in the auto blogs do not know, or do not acknowledge if they do know, is how well EM is respected, even admired, among the movers and shakers in the auto makers and suppliers groups. Suppliers are not walking away from Elio, let alone running -- on the contrary, they're eager to support this project and many have made very significant investments to be able to do so.

These people aren't idiots. If they're still actively engaged, we probably should be, too.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, I've been frying other fish lately, but I can tell you a couple of things. One is that the whole business with the fines, etc, has been misreported -- and the SEC has NOTHING to do with giving EM any kind of grace period. If Elio gets in trouble -- and they won't, they've got the time needed to pay it off -- they have to report it to the SEC. The SEC takes no action -- it's just a reporting requirement. So relax on that one.

The second thing is that EM is making progress with financing through an investment bank. I'm pretty sure I know which one, but am not at liberty to say. However, one of the glitches in getting the financing was the possible fine in Shreveport -- and that's been resolved, so things a proceeding. EM really is thinking 2018 to start production, though of course we've all heard these dates before.

Finally, the ATVM loan thing may not be entirely dead. I can't say anything more than that, but it's a matter of ringing the right chimes with the right people at 1700 Pennsylvania Ave. That now appears to be possible. Soon. But the current political instability isn't helping ANYBODY to get anything done, so, as usual, don't hold your breath on the ATVM. It's possible but who can say?

What I'm saying here is that EM is alive, fighting systematically AND SUCCESSFULLY to get the vehicle financed. It would be a mistake to write them off. Finally, what the bozos in the auto blogs do not know, or do not acknowledge if they do know, is how well EM is respected, even admired, among the movers and shakers in the auto makers and suppliers groups. Suppliers are not walking away from Elio, let alone running -- on the contrary, they're eager to support this project and many have made very significant investments to be able to do so.

These people aren't idiots. If they're still actively engaged, we probably should be, too.

Joel has shown himself to be quite
capable....I wouldn't count him out
either. Joel you da man!

Top Bottom