• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Securities And Exchange Commission Form 1-k - Filing Date: 2016-04-29

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No rush to finalize my options...........it was fun until now!!
Bummer. I'm hoping I'll still remember where i live next year, not sure which will get here first the cure for Alzheimers, or my Elio. I picture my kids prying me away from my new Elio, as I fight to open the passenger door!!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aside from all the usual fun stuff to debate and argue with EM's SEC filings and what they indicate about the internal functioning of EM. Right off the bat in this new filing, I'm wondering if I'm reading this correctly, that the current projected retail price of $7,600 and BOM cost target of $5,654 for a production run of 125,000 vehicles, would give them just under $2,000 profit on the base model. That's just under $250 million profit on 125k Elios, not too shabby. Or does this initial cost take into account the percentage off reservation holders will get?

Ok let the arguments begin whether EM would sell the vehicle to reservation holders for $6,800 MSRP, or in other words, if the retail price drops in the second or third year of production if they're able to sell 250,000 vehicles as they think they can.

http://pdf.secdatabase.com/1461/0001214659-16-011078.pdf

Too much fun with all the tidbits in this one. :boink:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aside from all the usual fun stuff to debate and argue with EM's SEC filings and what they indicate about the internal functioning of EM. Right off the bat in this new filing, I'm wondering if I'm reading this correctly, that the current projected retail price of $7,600 and BOM cost target of $5,654 for a production run of 125,000 vehicles, would give them just under $2,000 profit on the base model. That's just under $250 million profit on 125k Elios, not too shabby. Or does this initial cost take into account the percentage off reservation holders will get?

Ok let the arguments begin whether EM would sell the vehicle to reservation holders for $6,800 MSRP, or in other words, if the retail price drops in the second or third year of production if they're able to sell 250,000 vehicles as they think they can.

http://pdf.secdatabase.com/1461/0001214659-16-011078.pdf

Too much fun with all the tidbits in this one. :boink:
I thought that they were adding ~$1000 to the $6800 assuming most/all are getting automatic transmissions, I haven't read any new filings so maybe I'm just talking out my behind here.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No rush to finalize my options...........it was fun until now!!
Bummer. I'm hoping I'll still remember where i live next year, not sure which will get here first the cure for Alzheimers, or my Elio. I picture my kids prying me away from my new Elio, as I fight to open the passenger door!!
So long as you can remember there IS no door on the right, you'll be OK.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's like my father asked," how come the light goes on every time I go to pee", we had to explain he was peeing in the refrigerator.!!
Well,I decided to go out and buy an air conditioner tomorrow!!, and this is from a guy who lived in Fla.!!- supposed to be another record breaking heat for few days this week.
enough-early in- VIII:LII

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... They think they can get the price down to $6800 IF they're selling 250 thousand a year. Otherwise the price is $7600. That's us, baby....

At the very least, this nugget isn't new; even since the Reg A+ stuff they've said that they need economies of scale in order to get the price down to $6800. That said, it used to be $7300, but I suppose that extra $300 per car is attributable to the complex wiring harness (required for all those options).

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone compared this latest filing to the last one they did?
Did it change all that much? Or is this a rehash of the last time?

Top Bottom