• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Securities And Exchange Commission Form 1-k - Filing Date: 2016-04-29

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Y'knoooow...

In my semi-rant about the A+ not bagging enough funding to pay everybody...
I forgot to include the bills for the photo shoots and cable TV commercials.

I'm starting to think that maybe the better course might have been K.I.S.S.

At first at least.

I'm thinking that not only does this whole sideshow get in everybody's way...
But it just seems to continue to drive the purchase price...
And the money and time required for production up and up and on and on...
Always with something 'new' to 'come up with', 'solve', 'figure out', 'work on' or 'improve'.
It almost seems like trying to foresee and design for every future want and contingency...
(And not true engineering) Is sucking up all the money and time...
And grinding the whole thing to a lumbering stop.

The basic CAR has to be as perfect as possible. Not everything else.
Take care of the car and the car will take care of all of us.
The freekin' CAR is the star. Not Paul, not Stu, not the board, not us, not the options.

Mission creep.

Look at the early U.S. VW Beetle. It had nothin'...
Except a low price and better gas mileage than the boats we drove then.
But by the mid-sixties people couldn't get enough of the ugly Beetle.

Regrettably, I won't pay $1050 for a transmission that's included as standard equipment overseas.
I've come to the conclusion that the only option I'm going to consider (if it does cost) is cruise.
Make mine $6800 base plus cruise, tax, title and delivery (another controversy). K.I.S.S....
Just direct all the resouces at putting the base model w' only the most common options...
In our hands and on the streets. That base model, not all the hype, doo-dads and promises...
That is what got us onboard to begin with. There's a lot of totally unnecessary nonsense going on here...
The concept was, and is, good enough for us on it's own. Stop beating it to death before you even bring it to life.

Sh*t-can the catastrophic dog and pony show.
Quit trying to anticipate every little luxury that might sell more Elios in the future.
Simple logic says that to sell more of something, you've had to have already sold some of something.
EM is not increasing the flow of reservations by any of these means.

Look at the numbers.

Missing the estimate by another 74M is absolutely ludicris.

K.I.S.S. As I stated when EM started the cable ads...
All resources (which were even less than had been anticipated) should have been put towards the E-series.
Em needs to quit it. JUST QUIT IT. They need to stop jacking around, drop all but the essentials, and get on with it.
This ain't a movie and they ain't Jesse James. If they truely have faith in a second year of being in production...
They need to focus and resume implementing the 'Art Of 21st Century Marketing' full force in that second year.

There has to be a first year for there ever to be a second.

Still soldiering on, but with an attitude and an opinion.

Go Elio!

Last edited:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought that they were adding ~$1000 to the $6800 assuming most/all are getting automatic transmissions, I haven't read any new filings so maybe I'm just talking out my behind here.

The attached link goes to their latest filing and again indicates they are over their target MSRP, it also indicates their cost $5,654.

The implication is their profit margin on each base vehicle is just under $2000. It also indicates that at a starting production rate of 125,000 vehicles, from there Tye document suggests that they can get to the $6,800MSRP if they can get to 250,000 in sales.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been reviewing Elio's latest quarterly report for several hours.

The report offers a clear revelation why no major pubic or private investor's have ever come to Mr Elio's rescue.

Mr Elio's idea has merit, but Elio Motors has never shown an abilty to execute his dream.

It will be necessary for Mr Elio to drastically alter his current business model if he ever hopes to come to market.

I've been monitoring the progress of the Elio Vehicle since 2010, it's finally nice to view the clarity that the public quarterly reports offer!
Elon, is that you?

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been reviewing Elio's latest quarterly report for several hours.

The report offers a clear revelation why no major pubic or private investor's have ever come to Mr Elio's rescue.

Mr Elio's idea has merit, but Elio Motors has never shown an abilty to execute his dream.

It will be necessary for Mr Elio to drastically alter his current business model if he ever hopes to come to market.

I've been monitoring the progress of the Elio Vehicle since 2010, it's finally nice to view the clarity that the public quarterly reports offer!

not-sure-if-trolling.jpg

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The attached link goes to their latest filing and again indicates they are over their target MSRP, it also indicates their cost $5,654.

The implication is their profit margin on each base vehicle is just under $2000. It also indicates that at a starting production rate of 125,000 vehicles, from there Tye document suggests that they can get to the $6,800MSRP if they can get to 250,000 in sales.
Well if I'm any indication, they are going to make way more then $2K per, after I added just some of the things I want my base price jumped to $9300, and that's not even adding seat options yet (gotta have heated seats)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The newly revised $312 million (30% higher than the previous $240 Million) is a bit shocking.

How could the Elio Motors management team underestimate their capital needs by $72 million?
The board members gave themselves raises? :noidea:

Reactions: Ekh

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The newly revised $312 million (30% higher than the previous $240 Million) is a bit shocking.

How could the Elio Motors management team underestimate their capital needs by $72 million?
I'm not sure whether that includes funds already raised by the Reg A+ stock offering or not. That would make a significant difference to that $72M increase..

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sooooo...
Let's see.
They need to raise 317M.
They can't get the government loan guarantee unless they show they can pay off the 183M in guaranteed loans.
They are unlikely to get private investors to invest the missing 134M unless they get the loan guarantee.
Is that 317M including the 40M+ they've already spent plus the 70M or so that they've racked up in debt?
If it is the grand total it will have taken to get to production will be around 427M.

The only way I see it happening is if they find some really wealthy investors...
That are willing to sign on the line and put the 134M in escrow to show the ATV that it'll happen with the loan guarantee.
And that they have a plan and budget once they get into production that will enable them to pay off the loans in a timely manner.

Wow.
I'm dizzy now. :D

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A very interesting increase in production tooling, a major factor in the newly revised up cost, and advertising also nearly doubles though not nearly as large an overall chunk of expenditure. Thoughts on what would lead to such an increase in estimating production tooling?

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 11.04.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 11.03.50 AM.png

Top Bottom