• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When the auto industry was "at risk" , I discussed this same thing with a Lexus manager. His father also owned the Toyota dealership next door. I commented that I was sure "they" wouldn't mind if GM or Chrysler failed. His reply...."if they fail, we all fail." Then he explained how a half million people loosing their jobs would have a "ripple effect" that would then cause loss of homes, then grocery stores and real estate businesses and shopping centers and school systems, and on and on. He said that it would be a nation wide disaster.
Yep, there was fear of closing dealerships in my old home State of South Dakota......it was difficult enough on the economy as it was.............but the loss of jobs would have devastated Main Street.Thankfully, it's better and the Shreveport auto workers are back to work building Elios in the old closed down GM Plant.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK.
You like the government, you don't like the government.
You like big government, you don't like big government.
You liked the bailouts, you didn't like the bailouts.

Who cares?

Does not have a thing to do with the issue in this thread.
This is not the "Let's stomp our feet and bitch about the government" forum.
It's not the "Let's rehash political subjects that have been beaten to death years ago" forum.
You can find thousands of those all over the net.
This is one of only a handful of unique forums.
It is made up of a membership of what I feel is a unique bunch of "can do" individuals.
Those "can do" individuals are dedicated to the idea of owning a unprecedented and unique vehicle.
I believe most of those individuals are willing to support the company that is attempting to give them that vehicle.
After all, it's in those individuals' best interest to do so.
The issue in the thread is "Help Elio get the money."

That big chunk of change has to come from somewhere.
It's not going to magically appear out of PE's or my butt.
Without it, there is no Elio.
No Elio for you and no Elio for me.
And... Better yet, kiss your all-in deposit goodbye.

As far as major private investors providing that $185M...
That's already been discussed by by EM and rehashed by us.
It looks like the conclusion most of us came to was...
If you want a scant chance of the "first year's" production costing around $6800...
And if you want a scant chance of your Elio even remotely resembling the projected production model...
Leave politics out of it.

It's like this...
You're starving to death.
Someone offers you steak but you have a gripe with the cattle industry.
...must I go on?

It's simple.
EM seems to have been working to meet their goals and commitments.
They also seem to be trying to make the cars that we want.
As opposed to making a designing a car and talking us into wanting it.
In my opinion they really seem to listen to the majority.
That's pretty good business 101, but it's a welcome change from the norm.

EM gets that last chunk of change, we get the cars.
The ones Paul Elio wants, not the ones some investors want.
More importantly, the ones that the vast majority of us want.
I do! Nothing to do with politics.............just about an EM $185M DOE Loan application that if approved could help get the Elio to market.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As it happens, I've done the homework. The application is for a loan guarantee, not a loan in and of itself. The particular program is the Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing loan guarantee program.

If you want to write letters of support, here's the contact information you need:

Mr. Peter Davidson
Loan Programs Office
Department of Energy
1000 Independence Ave SW
Washington, DC 20585
Re: Elio Motors ATVM application

I have asked an Elio executive whether letters of support would be welcome, or whether they might muddy the waters. Haven't heard back yet. However, my own letter is going in the mail on Monday. I believe such letters are very helpful, if they are not canned "petition" type letters. Write your own letter stating why Elio Motors should receive the loan guarantee.

Oh, yeah, try to keep it to one page. And use a concrete example of what the Elio would mean in your life. Concrete is good! For instance, "my elderly Forester is getting only 20 mpg and the Elio would cut my fuel cost by over $2,300 per year." I'm not posting my whole letter as a model because your own story is what's important to tell the gov't.

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today I see that Elio applied for a applied for a $185 million advanced vehicle development loan from the U.S. Department of Energy. Now everyone needs to write a few letters and emails to the Department of Energy, ask them for support and grant this loan to Elio, just think your taxpayer dollars could do some good getting Elio on the road. Also write to Obama, ask him for some support getting Elio on the road, another thing to think about, if the government would support Elio it would be better than Obamas health care plan, driving an Elio would save you enough money each year to buy the best health care out there.
It will take a few minutes this weekend to look up some addresses on the internet and send a few emails and letters hopefully this will help get an Elio parked in everyone's garage.

I've revised my post about where to send a letter a little bit ... but letters truly can make a difference because they put a human story and human need behind the numbers. They do get read, and if there's any substantial number of them -- a few hundred on something this obscure and niche-y would be a lot -- they might tip a close call our way.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've revised my post about where to send a letter a little bit ... but letters truly can make a difference because they put a human story and human need behind the numbers. They do get read, and if there's any substantial number of them -- a few hundred on something this obscure and niche-y would be a lot -- they might tip a close call our way.
Thanks for your passion, and BTW Happy Birthday Monday, Ekh

lkptpete

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
As it happens, I've done the homework. The application is for a loan guarantee, not a loan in and of itself. The particular program is the Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing loan guarantee program.

If you want to write letters of support, here's the contact information you need:

Mr. Peter Davidson
Loan Programs Office
Department of Energy
1000 Independence Ave SW
Washington, DC 20585
Re: Elio Motors ATVM application

I have asked an Elio executive whether letters of support would be welcome, or whether they might muddy the waters. Haven't heard back yet. However, my own letter is going in the mail on Monday. I believe such letters are very helpful, if they are not canned "petition" type letters. Write your own letter stating why Elio Motors should receive the loan guarantee.

Oh, yeah, try to keep it to one page. And use a concrete example of what the Elio would mean in your life. Concrete is good! For instance, "my elderly Forester is getting only 20 mpg and the Elio would cut my fuel cost by over $2,300 per year." I'm not posting my whole letter as a model because your own story is what's important to tell the gov't.
Letter written. Mailing out on monday

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In a month or so it might be fun to post our various letters ... they may make quite interesting reading.

I don't belong to Facebook, but if someone who does were to post the contact information on their page and on the Elio page, that might help.Ditto twitter.

e

Just to make it easier, here is the contact info as both PDF and jpg files

Attachments

• Contact Information for Elio Motors application review officer.jpg
    Contact Information for Elio Motors application review officer.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 341
  • Contact Information for Elio Motors application review officer.pdf
    18.6 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, if you go to #eliomotors on Twitter you'll find my tweet with a link to the contact info. How about retweeting it, all you Elio believers out there?

Top Bottom