• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Debating whether or not the ATVM loan program should exist is really a political debate for another forum. We need to look at this loan application news from Mr Elio's and Elio Motors point of view. In todays Town Hall meeting Paul Elio said that regardless of any personal views as CEO it is his responsibility to his investors to take advantage of any reasonable potential funding opportunities to complete this project.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Debating whether or not the ATVM loan program should exist is really a political debate for another forum. We need to look at this loan application news from Mr Elio's and Elio Motors point of view. In todays Town Hall meeting Paul Elio said that regardless of any personal views as CEO it is his responsibility to his investors to take advantage of any reasonable potential funding opportunities to complete this project.
Mr. Elio is quite correct. I find that statement somewhat alarming, though. It suggests that the major investors they've been courting have not agreed to come on board -- yet. And time, as everybody is well aware, is moving.

lkptpete

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Mr. Elio is quite correct. I find that statement somewhat alarming, though. It suggests that the major investors they've been courting have not agreed to come on board -- yet. And time, as everybody is well aware, is moving.
I don't think it suggests that at all. This is just one more possible funding source to go after. IMHO.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think it suggests that at all. This is just one more possible funding source to go after. IMHO.

While discussing financing the ATVM loan was the headline however Mr Elio also said they had two other options in the works equal in magnitude. They are not putting all their eggs in one basket and hoping they pan out but instead working on getting the financing needed from several sources at once.

While timing is definitely an issue fortunately EM does not need nearly as much now to complete the vehicle development program as they do next year to complete the plant build out for production.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While discussing financing the ATVM loan was the headline however Mr Elio also said they had two other options in the works equal in magnitude. They are not putting all their eggs in one basket and hoping they pan out but instead working on getting the financing needed from several sources at once.

While timing is definitely an issue fortunately EM does not need nearly as much now to complete the vehicle development program as they do next year to complete the plant build out for production.

Appreciate the clarification.

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am not thrilled with .gov backing private enterprises, but at least this is an enterprise I believe in!

I think Elio has played their cards right to maximize the odds of getting .gov backing. Green technology (84 MPG), made in the USA components (85-90%), assembled in the USA (100%), a product that benefits the masses ($6800), existing market (27,000+ orders in hand), partnering with other major US manufacturers (too many to list), the proposition looks GREAT on paper from where I sit!!!

Lets hope .gov sees it that way too!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the ATVM loan guarantee is approved in it's entirety, won't it tend to push mega investors off the fence and into the EM camp?
Sometimes all it takes is for the right domino to fall and (I love this one)... Chaos ensues!

I think you're right.
If they get the loan, I'm sure investors will come on board, because their risk in doing so is greatly reduced. It means the company will be able to get cars built, ramp up the workforce, and get a good start on building the distribution system. Investors know their money will not be tied up for years, and the returns will come much more quickly than if there were no loan guarantee.

Top Bottom