• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The auto industry may well have collapsed in the U.S... If GM and Chrysler both went under, most suppliers would follow and that would have either killed Ford or caused them to use more expensive options... Not to mention the effect on the economy from all the lost jobs if you include all the suppliers. Of course, we can what-if this to death or talk about how dumb or how great Obama's policies are but I like to think that the world's top experts were involved in making those decisions and I am in no way qualified to claim I would have made a better decision. I can complain, of course, and I won't buy products from either manufacturer since they've proven to be unable to manage their own companies. ...and, I'm done. Thank you for this diversion.
Ty, well said. We don't know the future but we certainly know the past of these government bailed out companies. Unfortunately, our government has chosen to reward failure rather than success. Its time to support Elio and give them an equal opportunity to succeed

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A hypocrite would have a steak dinner.
Well, then once again it seems a lot of people are blessed that we live in a world that's made true natural selection for humans obsolete.
On the other hand, that very situation seems to be producing a whole lot of humans that profess their rediness to die for things like a simple "beef" with the cattle industry. A perk of said artificial environment is that it's pretty easy to make such all-truistic statements when such extreme situations are hypothetical. To me it makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever to punish oneself (and often one's communities as such) to such a degree in order to simply make onself feel better about their "ideals". None. One thing you sometimes learn in life is that no-one and I mean no-one does (or declines to do) anything without some kind of incentive and reward. All-truism, like a perpetual motion machine and the production model of the Elio (at this time) does not exist. A couple of my Ideals are to try to seek out and put into effect ways to achieve net positive results and to assist people who are trying to achieve net positive results. In other words, I value things and people that produce the least amount of negative side effects while they help me and others around me. These ideals have proven to be to my benefit and having them quite simply make me feel good. Another thing you sometimes learn in life is that there is never a total win-win situation. Any good scientist will tell you that by simply observing something, you change it. For every reaction there is an opposite and equal reaction. The butterfly effect. There is always some degree of negative to everything that is done and everything that happens.
If you look long and hard enough for it, it's there.
So goes trying to be the perfect purist.

It's always easier to have a personal moral excuse for inaction.
It's always easier to criticise than it is to change.
It's almost always easier to tear down than to create and build.

Don't get me wrong, I've been pumping my fist in the air as an angry young man since I was an adolecent.
But, as opposed to loosely, conviently, and easily throwing the dirty word "hypocrite" around as some sort of simplified last-word judgement from the "moral higher ground", I contend that the true "purist" (doesn't exist...see above) is most often far more detrimental and dangerous to themselves and those around them than most "true hypocrites" could ever hope to be. The delusion of being a true purist is usually apparent to many, but not to the deluded.

What good (not-withstanding great but pointless news coverage) would dying for your simple "beef" with the cattle industry do yourself or anyone else other than letting you enjoy one last righteous, selfish and smug look at the world before passing into a legacy of being self-absorbed, trivial, and a bit odd right to the end.

I contend that the more practical, and therefore the better thing, would be to survive and become stronger to fight another day.
If that's truely what trips your individual trigger.

I contend that a practicalist would enjoy a steak dinner with a clear conscience.

Last edited:

rmcelroy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to recommend EM partner with Pay Pal. I would like to increase my deposit on a month to month basis. Is that a bad or good idea?

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just contacted the DOE, I'm a smaller government kinda guy, but If Mr. Elio has already tried to secure "OUR" money, I'm all for it!
Mr. Elio has already secured some of "our" money.......at least from 27,000 + of us. I'm for smart and fair. If EM gets a loan to insure success with the ability to repay it with interest to produce a vehicle for the average person it's a win win win scenario.................go Mr. Elio! Definitely as deserving as Tesla Motors loan application.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to reccomend EM partner with Pay Pal. I would like to increase my deposit on a month to month basis. Is that a bad or good idea?
I suspect for EM it would mean they need to go into banking. Is that really what you want? Let's let them focus on getting the Elio to production while we find our own means of accumulating the money and saving it for our purchase. That is what I am doing. I plan to go to my credit union and see if I can set up something that pays a little better dividend than the standard savings account. It is at least worth asking. I get better interest on my checking account but it makes the money too readily available to temptation. I have found using the Elio Challenge before every purchase helps. That challenge is the simple question: Do I need this more than I want the Elio? If I truly need something such as the herbs & supplements I take for my health then that is a true need and I buy it at the best price I can find. If it is not a true need but more "I would really like to have this" then the Elio wins every time. :-) Z

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to reccomend EM partner with Pay Pal. I would like to increase my deposit on a month to month basis. Is that a bad or good idea?
It's an interesting idea...........but just save the money for a higher down payment if you plan to finance........and then Elio's Credit Card Concept can kick in to make your payment with every fill up.

Technically, you can put your deposit on a credit card and make the monthly payment just as easily. Personally, I would rather save $6800 and pay cash. Although if you charge your $1K all in deposit..........that's a $500 match..........slight risk involved though with a non-refundable deposit you probably can't afford to lose. Cut up the credit card.

rmcelroy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect for EM it would mean they need to go into banking. Is that really what you want? Let's let them focus on getting the Elio to production while we find our own means of accumulating the money and saving it for our purchase. That is what I am doing. I plan to go to my credit union and see if I can set up something that pays a little better dividend than the standard savings account. It is at least worth asking. I get better interest on my checking account but it makes the money too readily available to temptation. I have found using the Elio Challenge before every purchase helps. That challenge is the simple question: Do I need this more than I want the Elio? If I truly need something such as the herbs & supplements I take for my health then that is a true need and I buy it at the best price I can find. If it is not a true need but more "I would really like to have this" then the Elio wins every time. :) Z

Not at all, let Pay Pal handle the transactions. For me a larger chunk of money can always be used for todays issues, a smaller amount could be tucked away easily-for a speculative purpose.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not wanting to get into a political argument here. Just trying to find a "balance" in my perspective. As a taxpayer we have virtually no say about how that money is spent. If the government chooses to loan, grant or give some of that money to EM, I am all for it! Compared with some of the "pork barrel" projects, the ELIO has real merit!

Top Bottom