• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

D Borland

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Today I see that Elio applied for a applied for a $185 million advanced vehicle development loan from the U.S. Department of Energy. Now everyone needs to write a few letters and emails to the Department of Energy, ask them for support and grant this loan to Elio, just think your taxpayer dollars could do some good getting Elio on the road. Also write to Obama, ask him for some support getting Elio on the road, another thing to think about, if the government would support Elio it would be better than Obamas health care plan, driving an Elio would save you enough money each year to buy the best health care out there.
It will take a few minutes this weekend to look up some addresses on the internet and send a few emails and letters hopefully this will help get an Elio parked in everyone's garage.
good idea.

D Borland

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Moderator Comment: Politics are a fact of life that will intersect with our discussions at times however this is not a political forum so let's try and keep any political commentary focused on the thread topic and how it relates to Elio Motors and/or the Elio vehicle.
i fail to see the "politics" in this.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel (and that makes me an expert... Well, obviously not but I care what I think even if no one else does) that Elio has investors lined up and ready to fund this into production. Elio probably doesn't want to "give away" a chunk of the business by allowing the investor(s) to "buy in". That could be why they applied for the loan. I can't blame them. If Elio has enough funds right now to pay the interest on the loan for the next year or so, it would be wise to use the loan and maintain control of his company. In a couple of years, IF he wants to go public, the company would be worth much more and he could sell off a smaller portion for the same money and maintain control... like the Ford family did.

I could be standing off in left field.... way off base. But, I don't think I'm far off if at all.

And that's my 2 cents worth.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel (and that makes me an expert... Well, obviously not but I care what I think even if no one else does) that Elio has investors lined up and ready to fund this into production. Elio probably doesn't want to "give away" a chunk of the business by allowing the investor(s) to "buy in". That could be why they applied for the loan. I can't blame them. If Elio has enough funds right now to pay the interest on the loan for the next year or so, it would be wise to use the loan and maintain control of his company. In a couple of years, IF he wants to go public, the company would be worth much more and he could sell off a smaller portion for the same money and maintain control... like the Ford family did.

I could be standing off in left field.... way off base. But, I don't think I'm far off if at all.

And that's my 2 cents worth.
My feeling (speculation, just like you) is that you are correct.

Top Bottom