• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well for some number approx 13k and all the other "all ins" there isn't a bale, unless you walk away or sell your option.
For every "walk away", EM will benefit from the incentive savings
For folks that have been around it seems like forever.
For folks just getting in, now hearing 1-2 Q of 2016, is neither that long await, or tainted by the past-
They see, unlike many of us who waited, a secure facility, engine running, options and the top shelf companies selling them, and still get the 50% incentives. It seems so much less of a risk, then when I came in Aug 2014.
They have yet to experience a delay.
They may not have experienced a delay, but I hope they were smart enough to check EM's track record and were aware of previous delays before they plunked down their all-in grand.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand how you feel. But, please understand that Elio has not broken any promises.

I disagree. While EM saying production will begin on such and such a date doesn't constitute a legal deadline, it's still a deadline given by the company, and people view it a broken promise when it isn't met whether it was a hard and fast deadline or not...when a company produces, or in EM's case, is going to produce a product that consumers are going to be spending their money on and that company keeps not delivering when they say they will, it erodes consumer's confidence in the company....

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I disagree. While EM saying production will begin on such and such a date doesn't constitute a legal deadline, it's still a deadline given by the company, and people view it a broken promise when it isn't met whether it was a hard and fast deadline or not...when a company produces, or in EM's case, is going to produce a product that consumers are going to be spending their money on and that company keeps not delivering when they say they will, it erodes consumer's confidence in the company....
We can agree to disagree. I do agree that missed deadlines hurt confidence, but I view deadlines and promises as two different things. When I put my money down on the Elio, the agreement clearly states that nothing is promised, not even the production of the vehicle. So I view everything from that point of reference and knew what I was getting into when I "invested".

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
....When I put my money down on the Elio, the agreement clearly states that nothing is promised, not even the production of the vehicle. So I view everything from that point of reference and knew what I was getting into when I "invested".

Thank you! Why is that so hard for some folks to get! o_O

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a business owner I understand some of the complexities of starting a business. Goals are set. Sometime goals are met sometimes they aren't. The same happens with your life. Marriage, children and personal health have a mind of their own and have changed my life different than what was planned.

I've been a part of this process for a while. Many highs and a few lows. Sounds like the evolution of my life. Not ready to cash in all my chips with life or Elio Motors.

It's cold and rainy outside. Contemplating going to get the biggest and best corned beef sandwich on the planet as a pick me up.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We can agree to disagree. I do agree that missed deadlines hurt confidence, but I view deadlines and promises as two different things. When I put my money down on the Elio, the agreement clearly states that nothing is promised, not even the production of the vehicle. So I view everything from that point of reference and knew what I was getting into when I "invested".

Then they shouldn't announce a start production date until they know FOR SURE when it will begin...just because they have this disclaimer, it doesn't give them free reign to say and do whatever with nothing to substantiate their claims...to me, that's just bad business...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not about missing the anticipated deadlines and delays. Again, I expected the last delay, but not for the reason cited by Paul Elio which left me with less 'promise'.

There was no guarantee that Elio would be produced, but there certainly was promise that it be would under Paul Elio's seemingly honest and straight forward leadership style. It's also not about the money for many reservationists, but rather the promise of a fun affordable ride.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then they shouldn't announce a start production date until they know FOR SURE when it will begin...just because they have this disclaimer, it doesn't give them free reign to say and do whatever with nothing to substantiate their claims...to me, that's just bad business...
There has to be a set anticipated production date, or we wouldn't have plunked our reservation deposits down on the concept. Had Elio initially announced a 2016 production schedule it would have been too far out for most to even consider a deposit and still would have been only an anticipated date.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a business owner I understand some of the complexities of starting a business. Goals are set. Sometime goals are met sometimes they aren't. The same happens with your life. Marriage, children and personal health have a mind of their own and have changed my life different than what was planned.

I've been a part of this process for a while. Many highs and a few lows. Sounds like the evolution of my life. Not ready to cash in all my chips with life or Elio Motors.

It's cold and rainy outside. Contemplating going to get the biggest and best corned beef sandwich on the planet as a pick me up.
The one thing I would advise regarding family financial goals is don't tell your wife that you have the money to buy her long anticipated new car when you don't actually have it. lol

The voted best corned beef sandwich is waiting for you at Madeline's in Spokane, WA.

Top Bottom