• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? You Have To Provide Your Own Water Bottle For The Windshield Washer?

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just think it would look cheap to many potential buyers and they would shy away. Appearance is huge to the average consumer.
I know, that was the first thing I looked for when I bought my new Sonic.o_O

Haha! I don't quite mean a missing plastic container ruins the look of a car.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My commute is almost all 2 lane. Plenty of spray from oncoming traffic. Kinda hard not to be "too close" on a rural road with these on the side:

zy9ymyry.jpg
Living in the desert I am unfamiliar with all that white stuff.

TGElder

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who needs windshield washer fluid? Just Rain-X all the glass surfaces, the solution when properly applied helps repel bug smears, bird dropping and of course rain.

TGElder

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea of just trading out the new bottle for the old. The bottles are recyclable and I've yet to see a factory built WW reservoir that will hold a full gallon. I'm always filling mine up then putting the rest of the bottle in the trunk, where it just rolls around for a week or so until I've used enough to drain the rest out.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All this fuss about a windshield washer bottle??? What is wrong with you people,,as to the comment about it looking cheap, that's a laugh and a half. It's under the friggin hood, only your girlfriend will know it's not part of your original equipment and I assure you she won't mind. Spend a few bucks at the store, clean off the bottle real good and paint it with some cheap ole spray paint to match your Elio or not and hit the road. OR go drive that honkin SUV cause it has a FACTORY installed, super cool designer hand......uh, water bag.

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A post from an average person on here? or a post from Elio? I doubt it would cost them $8 over time. Now this all depends on how many they buy.

I just think it would look cheap to many potential buyers and they would shy away. Appearance is huge to the average consumer.

Lets say instead of $6800 you are charged $6880 for it. Many potential customers wouldn't give much thought to it. That $80 extra could be to small appearance upgrades that you nor I would never know about. I understand he wants to keep it low.
If you want to talk about the AVERAGE buyer, then we all know the AVERAGE person just cares about the exterior, interior, drive, and price. They aren't looking and critiquing the windshield wash reservoir or lack thereof.

Top Bottom