• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Setting Expectations?

BearLakeSteve

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I just watched the Road and Track video stream where the fender fell off. How embarrassing. At least I got to see how I might handle backing up. The driver just turned around and leaned out the right window to look out the back.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He did say "No problem looking back without a rear view mirror."
I think he was turning around to look, being unfamiliar with the vehicle.
He was also worried about driving in the center of the lane, but seemed to adapt easily.

dancote

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I expect to be at a gas station filling my Elio someday and some fool will drive up yelling, "Is that an electric car?" Then some other idiot riding without a helmet on a motorcycle will come up and say, "I'd hate to crash in that thing." And finally, some teenage moron in a car that's clearly older than him and his pimples will say to me in a Walgreens or Rite-Aid parking lot, "Couldn't afford a real car, eh?"

All of the above happened to me when I bought my smart car. A lot of attention, both good and bad, comes with the territory when you buy an unusual vehicle. No doubt the Elio will attract its fair share of supporters and haters on the street.

I could have written the exact same post when I first got the third smart delivered in WA.

Top Bottom