• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Should Have Put The $1,000 In Bitcoin

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why? If you had put in $1,000 into bitcoin even in 2011 when it hit $1, at the current value of over $3,203 per coin you would have $3,203,000. If you had put in earlier when it was worth pennies... wow. Sure the price fluctuates but if we are hindsight investing it seems like bitcoin would have been a much larger return.

Now if we are talking long term investing then Amazon is a much more stable choice. Bitcoin could hit $100k per coin, or might flame out into nothing.

FWIW, I cashed out some bitcoin to buy more Elio stock right after the NASDAQ filing announcement. Not much, but enough to make my wife roll her eyes, LOL. I think she it tired or hearing about Elio :D
Hindsight is 20/20! My eyesight is not great but I do see an Elio in my future. I'm an Elio stockholder too. It's gonna help me pay for the Elio when I get it ;)

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_2170.JPG
IMG_2167.JPG
This is what I spent 11 yrs. looking for. I sold it all to pay for my Elio's

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Found with a medal detector in Az., Nv., Ca., Ak. In old mine dumps, river beds, and on hillsides . Lots of fresh air, beautiful landscapes and exercise.:p
Cool, so how much is that worth? vs How much did you pay for your metal detector?

And I imagine you've found many more things then just that; like artifacts, and other pieces of the past.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_0750.JPG
[QUOTheTE="Doug McDow, post: 187065, member: 7005"]Found with a medal detector in Az., Nv., Ca., Ak. In old mine dumps, river beds, and on hillsides . Lots of fresh air, beautiful landscapes and exercise.:p[/QUOTE] I also found a 19.92 lb. chunk of Silver about 35 miles southwest of Tucson. I Sold it recently for $7,500.00. (The Silver Dog) found April 6 2006. Found with a $800.00 metal detector.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you had put $1000 into Amazon when it went public you'd have about $630,000 now. It's likely you'd be driving any car you want instead of waiting for an Elio ;): http://www.investopedia.com/article...-you-had-invested-right-after-amazons-ipo.asp

I expect we will be saying the same thing about Elio stock when we look back in 20 years when your 500 Elio shares have split 3 times and selling for $1000/share. ($1.5 mil).

Who would have thought that a company selling mail order books in 1995 (Amazon) would have amounted to anything? Who reads paper copy books anyway?

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 21934 [QUOTheTE="Doug McDow, post: 187065, member: 7005"]Found with a medal detector in Az., Nv., Ca., Ak. In old mine dumps, river beds, and on hillsides . Lots of fresh air, beautiful landscapes and exercise.:p
I also found a 19.92 lb. chunk of Silver about 35 miles southwest of Tucson. I Sold it recently for $7,500.00. (The Silver Dog) found April 6 2006. Found with a $800.00 metal detector.[/QUOTE]
I love anything that gets me off the couch and outside. It doesn't even matter if I make money doing it. Keeping health and passion for life intact is payment enough. It would be fun to have a nice trinket like that to show off though too. Hope you fine two more.

Top Bottom