• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Should Have Put The $1,000 In Bitcoin

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also found a 19.92 lb. chunk of Silver about 35 miles southwest of Tucson. I Sold it recently for $7,500.00. (The Silver Dog) found April 6 2006. Found with a $800.00 metal detector.
I love anything that gets me off the couch and outside. It doesn't even matter if I make money doing it. Keeping health and passion for life intact is payment enough. It would be fun to have a nice trinket like that to show off though too. Hope you fine two more.[/QUOTE] Thanks!
I had my moment of glory, It was the find of the year in the Desert Gold diggers. A prospecting group of about 400 members. At my age it is important to get out everyday. If you stop living, you stop living , If you know what I mean? The Silver dog is not important , me going out and searching for it is. It is important to have things to live for. The Elio is one of those. I will step down from the potium now. I sincerely hope that we all get our Elio's . If you do not see me on this forum, it will be because I am dead! No problem with health, just that I will be here until the end.

Last edited:

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
View attachment 21932 View attachment 21933 View attachment 21931 This is what I spent 11 yrs. looking for. I sold it all to pay for my Elio's

Wow. It looked like granola in soy sauce. I was thinking you were showing antigue plates or something. Some plates on antiques road show get unreal price tags. I went with a buddy on a gold hunt trek in Vegas. Alot of trekin and then diggin and panning with water we had to lug with us. After spending all day like this, we found a speck of gold that made a speck look large. My buddy says hes still got it folded in paper in his wallet.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow. It looked like granola in soy sauce. I was thinking you were showing antigue plates or something. Some plates on antiques road show get unreal price tags. I went with a buddy on a gold hunt trek in Vegas. Alot of trekin and then diggin and panning with water we had to lug with us. After spending all day like this, we found a speck of gold that made a speck look large. My buddy says hes still got it folded in paper in his wallet.
Some days you don't find anything , but when you have a good day, it is worth it. ,:p

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why? If you had put in $1,000 into bitcoin even in 2011 when it hit $1, at the current value of over $3,203 per coin you would have $3,203,000. If you had put in earlier when it was worth pennies... wow.
  • Or it could have been stolen by a hacker.
  • Or your exchange operator could have stolen it.
  • Or your exchange could have gone tits up and your coin lost.
  • Or myriad other hazards of such risky investing.
Remember, Bitcoin is not a government backed currency. It is therefore not insured like bank deposits. It is only marginally more safe than walking around with a gold coin in your pocket, and much less likely to ever be recovered if stolen.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
  • Or it could have been stolen by a hacker.
  • Or your exchange operator could have stolen it.
  • Or your exchange could have gone tits up and your coin lost.
  • Or myriad other hazards of such risky investing.
Remember, Bitcoin is not a government backed currency. It is therefore not insured like bank deposits. It is only marginally more safe than walking around with a gold coin in your pocket, and much less likely to ever be recovered if stolen.

Agreed to all of those possibilities, but we are not talking about reality we are talking about what-ifs and hindsight investing. I have a little money in bitcoin, but even more in Elio. Both are gambles, neither is a safe bet.

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yea, I could have bought bitcoin long ago. But they said the mafia was going to hyjack it if it gets anywhere and the government would drop a ton of bricks on it. So I stayed away from it. It would seem that crooks DID move into it, so the government could still shut all this down like they shut down Bernie Madof.

Mike Badgle

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone hear TRULY BELIEVE (not hope, wish or dream) that Elio vehicles will EVER be produced for the market and, in particular, for those of us who years ago charged our credit cards for the "All In?"

"All I got was this lousy t-shirt" might have been Paul Elio's plan from day one.
I doubt it, just like about 63,000 others, but I'm all-in so still holding onto a glimmer of hope.
In the meantime I bought a Can-Am Spyder and am enjoying the heck out of three-wheeling. Just wish it had A/C and would stay dry in the rain!

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Found with a medal detector in Az., Nv., Ca., Ak. In old mine dumps, river beds, and on hillsides . Lots of fresh air, beautiful landscapes and exercise.:p

What kind of a detector do you use? I am always wandering around old mines and if there was something I could pack on my motorcycle, I think I would have a blast.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt it, just like about 63,000 others, but I'm all-in so still holding onto a glimmer of hope.
In the meantime I bought a Can-Am Spyder and am enjoying the heck out of three-wheeling. Just wish it had A/C and would stay dry in the rain!

You may have to fashion your own roll cage that you can put a fabric top on for a little rain protection.

Top Bottom