• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Operations And Personnel Questions

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any signed-up owners that actually live near the Factory.

There won't be any [production volume] Elios until there are Parts being shipped to the plant, tooling set up and workers working. Yes I know, Captain Obvious here :)

I'm from Shreveport, but I don't have any contacts that could get inside information. It just feels good knowing that something this exciting is taking place there that could revitalize the economy. I went to high school with a lot of kids whose parents worked at the old GM plant.
L Stephens, Feb 24, 2014

Picked him to drive by when things start picking up.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Luckily we have a few months until anything major should start happening there which gives us plenty of time to recruit several volunteers to spy for us. I also expect Elio Motors to post periodic updates and photos as things start getting set up on site. It's my guess we have about six months before any major activity starts happening at the Shreveport plant in advance of production beginning toward the end of the 1st quarter or into the 2nd quarter of 2015.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Luckily we have a few months until anything major should start happening there which gives us plenty of time to recruit several volunteers to spy for us. I also expect Elio Motors to post period updates and photos as things start getting set up on site. It's my guess we have about six months before any major activity starts happening at the Shreveport plant in advance of production beginning toward the end of the 1st quarter or into the 2nd quarter of 2015.
I imagine they will update and post pics as well. I am sure they are aware that we are all anxious to see the progress.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I imagine they will update and post pics as well. I am sure they are aware that we are all anxious to see the progress.

they have a different goal...to attract NEW converts, not keep those that are faithful followers/Eliots.
Some of us search the web and then deliver old secondhand information but represent it as the news.
A simple semi-closed thread...with people that are well-versed in automobiles(motorheads?) and have been closely following the EE.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
they have a different goal...to attract NEW converts, not keep those that are faithful followers/Eliots.
Some of us search the web and then deliver old secondhand information but represent it as the news.
A simple semi-closed thread...with people that are well-versed in automobiles(motorheads?) and have been closely following the EE.
I agree with that, but there are many (on this site as well) that are waiting to go all in as soon as they see progress. That is what I was getting at. I don't put my thoughts into words well at times.

elio_curious

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm not a Automotive production expert, so how long does it take to set up an assembly line? Probably most of the Elio parts are brand new, I dunno how many of the parts will be built onsite vs. shipped in from outside. Then they have to set up the assembly line and probably make lots of adjustments to the process.

I HOPE it all works out, especially holding onto the low price. Anybody can make a high mpg car (VW XL1 261 mpg) or an amazing electric (Tesla) but the cost is WAY out of reach for most people!!! The original VW bug was meant to be easily manufactured / repaired and have a low cost to the public. I think that VW has changed a BIT since then (any < $10k new VW's?)

To me all the stuff about color, interior, etc won't matter much if they don't set up the line and the parts, to make the car.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not a Automotive production expert, so how long does it take to set up an assembly line? Probably most of the Elio parts are brand new, I dunno how many of the parts will be built onsite vs. shipped in from outside. Then they have to set up the assembly line and probably make lots of adjustments to the process.

I HOPE it all works out, especially holding onto the low price. Anybody can make a high mpg car (VW XL1 261 mpg) or an amazing electric (Tesla) but the cost is WAY out of reach for most people!!! The original VW bug was meant to be easily manufactured / repaired and have a low cost to the public. I think that VW has changed a BIT since then (any < $10k new VW's?)

To me all the stuff about color, interior, etc won't matter much if they don't set up the line and the parts, to make the car.
The "parts"(at least over 90%of the ones needed to make an EE) are already made(by other manufacturers). This autocycle has been designed from "available" parts. That is also the reason that fixing it is supposed to be inexpensive. Most of it can be found in one of the chain auto part stores.

elio_curious

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Are you sure? 90% of the body panels, seats, glass, frame, motor, transmission, dash, instruments, tires (fronts are a weird size?), and suspension are already in production elsewhere?

In that case, it should be ready to go in a month....

Last edited:

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No I am not sure of any damn thing about it for two reasons.
1. The people that control the bs that comes out of ElioHQ have all their emphasis on blowing smoke up John Q. public's Butt in an attempt to generate buzz and a desire to own one.
2. I cannot find a site where someone is actually trying to unscramble the mess that is Elio hype.

But that is something I hear and read about repeatedly on elio's website and in the YouTube videos, mixed in with all the marshmallow white crap.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure? 90% of the body panels, seats, glass, frame, motor, transmission, dash, instruments, tires (front are a weird size?), and suspension are already in production elsewhere?

In that case, it should be ready to go in a month....

The body panels, frame, motor, transmission, dash, instruments make up most of the other 10%. I hope that's all.

Top Bottom