• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Operations And Personnel Questions

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio claims over 100 million in pre-sales, orders,reservations etc..That's Great however that means everyone must follow through to purchase what they have put a deposit on.. Their actual cash received from our reservations is probably in the 7 to 8 million dollar range..I've said this before and now again..Elio was banking on collecting 200 million bucks in up front reservation funds..Way short..Not to worry YET !! If they do not double the amount of reservations they have so far The Elio will not go in to production.. They need 30,000 reservations, of those 10,000 or more must be all in's for the 1 grand to make it happen.. I know I'll be getting hate you and you think you know it all replies to this.. So bring um one but after all research and simple math it ain't hard to figure out..Use your energy to convince others to purchase an Elio, don't waste it on dogging me ..Several of the 100 dollar reservations will fall through, Heck a few people in here have tried to sell their 1000 buck all in reservation at a discount this early in the game..

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I won't throw hate out there. This is a forum for ideas, after all. I don't get where you think they wanted to collect $200M up front in reservations though. I know Paul said it would take that much to get the company going but I think that was in commitments - vendors, suppliers, pre-season, etc. If g the modulated guy, for instance, commits to supplying panels at XX $each and doesn't require being paid upfront, that would be as good as Elio having the cash and then paying up front.

Collecting $200M upfront in reservations would require 200,000 people to put down $1,000 each. That will never happen... At the current rate under 100 per day (including every reservation and pretending they all go all in at $1,000), it will take 2,000 days... which is right at another 5 years and 6 months... And that cannot be the case. They wouldn't have secured the plant this far in advance.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I won't throw hate out there. This is a forum for ideas, after all. I don't get where you think they wanted to collect $200M up front in reservations though. I know Paul said it would take that much to get the company going but I think that was in commitments - vendors, suppliers, pre-season, etc. If g the modulated guy, for instance, commits to supplying panels at XX $each and doesn't require being paid upfront, that would be as good as Elio having the cash and then paying up front.

Collecting $200M up front in reservations would require 200,000 people to put down $1,000 each. That will never happen... At the current rate under 100 per day (including every reservation and pretending they all go all in at $1,000), it will take 2,000 days... which is right at another 5 years and 6 months... And that cannot be the case. They wouldn't have secured the plant this far in advance.
I said they hoped to collect 200 million in reservations.. I previously posted it would take 200,000 all in's for a grand to do that.. Now they are seeking 200 million in commited sales which is about 30,000 reservations.. The 7 or so milliom received from the 15 or 16 thousand reservations so far is faith money or hope deposits ..Hope meaning all who reserved will follow through with purchasing and they need 15, 000 more seservations ..

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Collecting $200M upfront in reservations would require 200,000 people to put down $1,000 each. That will never happen... At the current rate under 100 per day (including every reservation and pretending they all go all in at $1,000), it will take 2,000 days... which is right at another 5 years and 6 months... And that cannot be the case. They wouldn't have secured the plant this far in advance.
Ps..Elio stated several times and still do claim they will sell 250,000 units a year .. They also estimated they would get over 200,000 reservations before going in to production..

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ps..Elio stated several times and still do claim they will sell 250,000 units a year .. They also estimated they would get over 200,000 reservations before going in to production..
When you throw stuff that out there, you have to cite your source and provide link.

The following article mentions Elio "optimistically hopes to eventually sell 250,000 units a year".

My understanding of the English language is that "optimistically hopes to eventually sell" is not similar to in any way to the phrase "claim they will sell"

http://green.autoblog.com/2014/01/09/elio-motors-high-mpg-trike-renting-space-former-gm-plant/

Never saw 200k reservation goal anywhere from any Elio source or even any lazy blogger just guessing, I have seen between 26k -50k thrown out there that I think are based on extrapolations of Elio Motors stating they hope to get to 250 cars/day once production gets going. 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year gets you to 65k, but they admit there is a slow ramp up period. The highest I have seen is from the biggest detractor of Elio Motors, he claims they need 68k in the first year from his own #'s analysis. Link below:

http://gas2.org/2014/02/25/elio-motors-reservations-hit-10000/

KaziQaleph

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio matches GM's line capability and runs a single shift (keeping the line running for 8 hours), they can produce one vehicle every 54 seconds. (While the line was adjustable, that's how fast GM ran it) Doing the math, Elio would have 533.33333 vehicles/day capabililty utilizing that one shift. That means they could produce 138,666 vehicles per year if they don't shut the line down at all. Now, if they run a second shift, that number doubles. They'd have to perform line maintenance during 3rd shift, of course. 277,333 vehicles per year is the total capacity at that plant, in my (slightly experienced) opinion. I know they said they hoped to get started with 250 a day but they should ramp up fairly quickly.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
  1. There are several going back to 2008, Elio himself said"I will be able to produce this vehicle if I can secure 200 million or 200 thosand orders..If you remember gas hit 4 bucks a gallon that year, dropped down briefy to under 2 dollars, the second time it hit 4 He again became agressive.. Also the production dates have changed from 2013-2014-2015.. Just maybe you have not read everything since 2008 ...Maybe you do not know everything about everything..YOU CERTAINLY CLAIM TO..

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
  1. There are several going back to 2008, Elio himself said"I will be able to produce this vehicle if I can secure 200 million or 200 thosand orders..If you remember gas hit 4 bucks a gallon that year, dropped down briefy to under 2 dollars, the second time it hit 4 He again became agressive.. Also the production dates have changed from 2013-2014-2015.. Just maybe you have not read everything since 2008 ...Maybe you do not know everything about everything..YOU CERTAINLY CLAIM TO..
I make no such claim. I was an industrial engineer at the GM truck plant that Elio is going to use so I do have some insight on that at least. I've read a lot of information about Elio but I haven't read anything that long ago. I understand that the production date has changed quite a few times and I also understand that it makes sense to push for fuel economy while gas prices are high and people want efficiency. I surely didn't mean to ruffle your feathers - I just meant to offer another point of view for the forum and was putting some production capabilities numbers out there (based on first-hand knowlege of the plant's capabilities rather than from Elio's info).

Top Bottom