• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Operations And Personnel Questions

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I make no such claim. I was an industrial engineer at the GM truck plant that Elio is going to use so I do have some insight on that at least. I've read a lot of information about Elio but I haven't read anything that long ago. I understand that the production date has changed quite a few times and I also understand that it makes sense to push for fuel economy while gas prices are high and people want efficiency. I surely didn't mean to ruffle your feathers - I just meant to offer another point of view for the forum and was putting some production capabilities numbers out there (based on first-hand knowlege of the plant's capabilities rather than from Elio's info).
You may also recall Paul Elio Recently brought in another investor just to secure the GM plant , oh , just to secure a rental not a purchase..I've watched this since 2008..I'm from Scottsdale AZ, 53rd and Shae streets,zip 85254, about 2 miles from where this all began..

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You may also recall Paul Elio Recently brought in another investor just to secure the GM plant , oh , just to secure a rental not a purchase..I've watched this since 2008..I'm from Scottsdale AZ, 53rd and Shae streets,zip 85254, about 2 miles from where this all began..
True. They seem to be operating on a shoestring budget, that's for sure. Despite their aparent meanderings, I think it is pretty neat to see the birth of an automaker. If this all comes to fruition, and I think it will, it will be neat to be able to look back and be able to say "I remember when they were first getting started". I think the culmination for me would be to be able to watch my Elio being put together at the factory itself and then driving off into the sunset. LOL... got a little poetic there at the end.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only reason I sent in my chump change to Elio is because Mr Elio has been fighting to get his project in to production for over 6 years..Well may one other being I want a new toy..

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True. They seem to be operating on a shoestring budget, that's for sure. Despite their aparent meanderings, I think it is pretty neat to see the birth of an automaker. If this all comes to fruition, and I think it will, it will be neat to be able to look back and be able to say "I remember when they were first getting started". I think the culmination for me would be to be able to watch my Elio being put together at the factory itself and then driving off into the sunset. LOL... got a little poetic there at the end.
Ditto

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm headed over to Shreveport next month and I'll probably swing by the old GM plant. I don't expect to be able to see anything that shows any Elio progress but I just don't think I could 'not' go. Know what I mean? Of course, if I see anything of note, I'll take note (lol) and probably pictures and put them here on the forum. Fun times.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm headed over to Shreveport next month and I'll probably swing by the old GM plant. I don't expect to be able to see anything that shows any Elio progress but I just don't think I could 'not' go. Know what I mean? Of course, if I see anything of note, I'll take note (lol) and probably pictures and put them here on the forum. Fun times.
Come back with some good news,,I promised my niece one for her birthday next year.. I want her to be popular in college, poor kid won't have much going for herself other than intelligence and an Elio, hell she's almost as ugly as me..

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Come back with some good news,,I promised my niece one for her birthday next year.. I want her to be popular in college, poor kid won't have much going for herself other than intelligence and an Elio, hell she's almost as ugly as me..
I doubt that's possible... LOL (You knew that was coming, right?) This was meant to be funny, not mean.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only reason I sent in my chump change to Elio is because Mr Elio has been fighting to get his project in to production for over 6 years..Well may one other being I want a new toy..
Oh come on, 3 Card, you know you wanted to be the first on your block to get that new toy. Helping Mr. Elio was simply a side bonus. LOL :-) Z

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I said they hoped to collect 200 million in reservations.. I previously posted it would take 200,000 all in's for a grand to do that.. Now they are seeking 200 million in commited sales which is about 30,000 reservations.. The 7 or so milliom received from the 15 or 16 thousand reservations so far is faith money or hope deposits ..Hope meaning all who reserved will follow through with purchasing and they need 15, 000 more seservations ..
Your numbers are real close to what I figure, too.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your numbers are real close to what I figure, too.
The bottom line is if Elio does not come up with 15,000 more reservations with the majority being 1000 bucks in the next 4 or 5 months there won't be an Elio going through an assembly line.. They practically stated that to us when we signed on / sent our deposits..Risk and possibility kissing your $$ were spelled out several times..So far 3 different start up dates..It's a simple build, they have suppliers and vendors lined up..The only thing holding up start up is not enough buyers..We can help fix that by ordering 2 with the max deposit..Creditors , suppliers, and vendors are not going to move forward on making Elio parts by taking the word of a few thousand people that have put up a 100 bucks.. Also the four thousand who have sent 1000 dollars ain't gonna convince anyone to get started..If you want to see the email I got from them when I asked financial questions I'll post it again,,Basically it said I should have known it was a risk and their exact words were "you are not guaranteed a car ..

Top Bottom