• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Silent Majority...

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I gave him money Sept 2017 and he was to do the work 2017 september/october

Not to make fun of your situation but I can’t help musing that maybe your roofer bought Paul’s email list.... or was your roofing company ESG roofing?? small world!!!!...just a joke!! Sorry, I hope your situation all works out. Incidentally I know of a particularly effective ‘complaint’ site that you might want to use: thesqueakywheel.com. Good luck!!

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The roofing guy I used sent me a fruit basket for Christmas (which even came with a deck of cards) and then before the superbowl, he dropped off two free Eagles t-shirts that coincidentally had his business name on them too. My wife and I wore them to a superbowl party. The roof cost about as much as a decked out Elio too.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I gave him money Sept 2017 and he was to do the work 2017 september/october
Meanwhile back to the subject at hand, I would tell him enough time has passed, I want my roof done, like you promised you would do, so give me a date when I can expect it to be done, then see what he says. If he brushes you off again, tell him you want a refund or the shingles NOW, otherwise you'll be forced to take the matter to court. Then see what he says. If he brushes you off again, file a complaint to your lawyer, with a copy of your receipt and tell him what's going on. If the guy gets the hint your serious he should get busy. There is also the BBB you can talk to, but that is another can of worms you don't want to get into.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Meanwhile back to the subject at hand, I would tell him enough time has passed, I want my roof done, like you promised you would do, so give me a date when I can expect it to be done, then see what he says. If he brushes you off again, tell him you want a refund or the shingles NOW, otherwise you'll be forced to take the matter to court. Then see what he says. If he brushes you off again, file a complaint to your lawyer, with a copy of your receipt and tell him what's going on. If the guy gets the hint your serious he should get busy. There is also the BBB you can talk to, but that is another can of worms you don't want to get into.
That's good advice. Also I'd consider just getting your money back and go with another roofer. If they are that stretched for money they will not do a good job and it can come back to haunt you at the most inopportune time (during a storm). You want to make sure you have some sort of service if you need it after the sale.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That's good advice. Also I'd consider just getting your money back and go with another roofer. If they are that stretched for money they will not do a good job and it can come back to haunt you at the most inopportune time (during a storm). You want to make sure you have some sort of service if you need it after the sale.
Thanks for that; I did say " If he brushes you off again, tell him you want a refund or the shingles NOW,"
And he (RSchneider) is correct, you don't want someone that is pissed at you doing your roof, that's why I said that; you don't want him cutting corners when he's doing your roof, that can lead to a lot of damage in the future. So approach him in a civilized manner, don't be threatening unless you have to. Tell him you just want what you paid for, or you want your money back, clear and simple. You'll find someone else after this is settled, but don't include that in a threat, word spreads fast in that tight little group. Approach it as a business deal, and don't let emotions gum it up, that's a sure way to sink that ship.
If you need any more suggestions, we're here most all the time.

Terrimom40

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how is the roofer different from Elio?
I put up money in good faith with both, but the roofer I'm told to demand a completion date but elio I should be patient and I should have read the fine print......

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That's right, go back and read the agreement you signed up for on the Elio non-refundable deposit.
It's a reservation for your spot in line, and the line you agreed to when you sent EM the money said it was Non-Refundable, but was to be accepted towards the purchase of the vehicle. It stated very clearly that once you agreed to those terms, your deposit became non-refundable.
So you agreed to Elio Motors you understand it. Or didn't you read the contract?
I have, many times, and when you sent Elio Motors your money, you agreed that you are never getting it back, but you would get the opportunity to purchase an Elio when they are released.
The deposit you did with Elio Motors is completely different then the agreement you did with your roofer.
You can go and protest it, but you are not getting it back, because you agreed to it, in writing, when you did your deposit.
If you did a non-refundable deposit for your roofing job, you are in the same situation. But I seriously doubt your agreement with the roofer reads anything like your agreement with Elio Motors. This is a time that the lawyers did their job as instructed with EM's contract, and yes, it has gone to court, and the non-refundable deposit you've done is binding. It has been tested.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So how is the roofer different from Elio?
I put up money in good faith with both, but the roofer I'm told to demand a completion date but elio I should be patient and I should have read the fine print......
Only because of the content and number of posts from the new member, I've got to ask...

Was that the punch line to a classic set up?
Did we actually just get taken for a ride ourselves?

Last edited:
Top Bottom