• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Something New To Worry About

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I searched this question and found nothing. The new options shown on the Elio web site (ie side and front end farings) these are to be installed at the prep center. I'm not big on this but some people are crazy over paint colors matching perfectly. Like when they do body work and have to repaint.

So, how will they get the paint colors to match?

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, not cake. Every batch of paint is slightly different, try as they do computers and all.
I repeat: Cake. That hasn't been the case for two, maybe three decades.

Don't know how much you are around car parts, but buying a factory-painted item is always a good match, usually better than a professional body shop could do. Factory-painted pieces match, even if they are sprayed years apart. It will not be an issue unless your Elio has spent a decade in the Florida sun with no care before you want to add the body-color boy-racer spoiler.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I repeat: Cake. That hasn't been the case for two, maybe three decades.

Don't know how much you are around car parts, but buying a factory-painted item is always a good match, usually better than a professional body shop could do. Factory-painted pieces match, even if they are sprayed years apart. It will not be an issue unless your Elio has spent a decade in the Florida sun with no care before you want to add the body-color boy-racer spoiler.

Then I would tell people it's a two tone!

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The paint on your elio will match better than most of the souped up golf cart's rolling around the villages. :D

(nothing against the villages except that it's the only home I currently own that I can't actually live in.o_O)

Just remember, before you start throwing stones at the old people. Don't lead them as much, they are moving slower than you think.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The paint on your elio will match better than most of the souped up golf cart's rolling around the villages. :D

(nothing against the villages except that it's the only home I currently own that I can't actually live in.o_O)

Also, my wife's last golf cart cost about $10k, so I have some room for options on 'MY' Elio.

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My grandfather told one of his neighbors in the villages that he just spent $14k on repairs for his mercedes to which she responded
neighbor- "you could get a nice golf cart for that!"
gramps- "what exactly would I do with that?"
neighbor- "you could drive it instead of the car!"
gramps- "I didn't work so hard my entire life so I could drive a golf cart, if that had been my goal I would have retired a few decades earlier."
:D

Top Bottom