• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Somewhat Tough Questions...

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some diesel nozzles can get really dirty. I don't want the dirt falling into my tank even though there are a couple of filters. Diesel tends to attract gunk. So, I at least look at the nozzle. You may not pay much attention to it but how do you guide the nozzle into your car without at least glancing at it?
Good point Ty!:rolleyes:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just in communication with Joel Sheltrown and Elio defines autocycle as this;

autocycle means a three wheeled motorcycle on which the drivers and passengers ride in a completely enclosed, tandem seating area that is equipped with airbag protection, a roll cage, 3 point safety restraints for each occupant and antilock brakes and that is designed to be controlled with a steering wheel and pedals”

at least in Maine where I am it's an important distinction from a motorcycle in that it would allow state law makers a new vehicle category that would conflict with federal highway rules/funding, while still allowing the state to leave motorcycle rules alone without imposing motorcycle restrictions on Elio operators e.g. even though Maine does not require helmets for adult motorcyclists, it does if a child is riding on the motorcycle, etc.

Last edited:

roadtrippin2016

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
R&D? Paul Elio is CEO of ESG Engineering......product development is what they do. He knows what he's doing to get an automotive product or vehicle to market. Beyond Elio's in house expertise he is partnering with some of the finest automotive designers, manufacturers, and parts suppliers in the industry..........whether in house or out of house it's getting done in a very precise calculated manor and he is monitoring every detail.......and has surrounded himself with a team of quality people that share his vision.
Agree 100% with you...the board of directors and suppliers are top notch.d..the whole reason I invested "ALL IN" was for these reasons...let them be about producing the best "Elio" possible and some of the postings I've read on several topics on this elio owner website are very negative. or show that the majority of them don't read the material that has already been put out by Elio...the company is informing us well along the way....some are not reading them very well...by the questions they are asking...just saying...

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it is important for everyone to remember that Elio's will have motorcycle VIN's and that will be the legislative driver and major criterion for registration.
Won't they have Elio VINs ? I guess I didn't realize there were VINs specific to motorcycles portrait Elio would be required to use them. Huh.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Won't they have Elio VINs ? I guess I didn't realize there were VINs specific to motorcycles portrait Elio would be required to use them. Huh.

all vehicles (motorized and towables) that have titles to be registered with DMV for on road use have VIN numbers .... certain components of that number indicate the type of vehicle

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a new tough question, what is there left to worry about? Maybe the sky will start to fall.

I know we can still worry about the money.

This building of the engine really adds to the quality of the scam. What a con job!

cryingwithlaughter.gif

Top Bottom