• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really hope they get the Sondors car into production. To hit $10k(not the US price I'm sure) it will need to hit some level of mass production.
Too bad it can't make it to market this year, it would have been a good example to show that the Elio is a good investment.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really hope they get the Sondors car into production. To hit $10k(not the US price I'm sure) it will need to hit some level of mass production.
Too bad it can't make it to market this year, it would have been a good example to show that the Elio is a good investment.
My understanding is that $10K is the USA target base price. Sondors will likely use the same production model he uses for his Bikes ..........build to order, and at a $10K price point along with the styling and 3 seat configuration, the worldwide masses would likely be ordering.

I'll be Sondors Amazed if they get a prototype built and tested this year.

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Sondors ,at the $10k price point seems inexpensive and I would not be surprised that the cost is nearer $15K. Elio should have started at at higher, lower volume price point, allowing a more efficient use of funds and spent less time touring the country.
When I had first seen and sat in the ELio, my first comment, it is too inexpensive, costing less than a Suzuiki Vstrom.....
I guess the Sondors will be the new ELio for some of us.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The $10K USD sondors is the one with the crappy range. What is it... 70 miles?
If you want to go 100 miles on a charge, it's going to cost you more.

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would not call it "crapy" range, if that ability is ok with you. I do not expect a free Sondors, but I would like one to be developed at a profitable price point so all will benefit. Elio depended upon a very high, unsubstantiated volume, especially for a three wheel vehicle.
$15k and up seem to be a valid price point for the Sondors...

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Agreed; a used Leaf will get that range for nearly half the price, and it comes with A/C, ABS, and all that jazz.

With the Big Automakers pushing down EV prices, I don't see any of these enclosed EV trikes as having much lasting appeal unless they can dramatically increase range, decrease price, and provide a more exciting drive experience as compared to a used Leaf.

Altogether, I still like the Elio better than any of the EV trikes under development. But that is because I plan to use the Elio for all those trips that out-range our electric cars :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Sondors follows the e-bike pattern with his three-wheeler, the $10k version will probably have a $5k delivery fee.
There is prep and delivery fees associated with every new vehicle purchase. What ever works for Sondors' business model to get an affordable 3wheeler/3 seater commuter EV to market at a base $10k 70 mile range with the option for increased range for those that need it. I will wait patiently to see if parts will be manufactured here or China and assembled in the USA.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed; a used Leaf will get that range for nearly half the price, and it comes with A/C, ABS, and all that jazz.

With the Big Automakers pushing down EV prices, I don't see any of these enclosed EV trikes as having much lasting appeal unless they can dramatically increase range, decrease price, and provide a more exciting drive experience as compared to a used Leaf.

Altogether, I still like the Elio better than any of the EV trikes under development. But that is because I plan to use the Elio for all those trips that out-range our electric cars :)
I think owning something unique like an enclosed 3wheeler is what drove me to reserve. If all else fails, like you said, there's the used LEAF or BOLT waiting in the wing for me- and I don't have to worry about skimping on comfort and safety features.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Sondors follows the e-bike pattern with his three-wheeler, the $10k version will probably have a $5k delivery fee.
I had a bad dream that they started making Elio's in India, and I had to pull out a wad of cash for delivery. Come to think of it, I guess it was not that bad a dream since I had a wad of cash.

Top Bottom