• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good luck having it in your pocket all day with the rest of your keys! :D
keychain.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Model SONDORS 6 in one tool kit will be functional for the SOLO as well. I'm looking forward to the grand opening of the first online SONDORs Store in 2018.
IMG_6984.JPG

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do hope the Sondors has ABS, Regeneration and AC, either standard or optional. He has published a timeline;hopefully, it does not stretch ad infinitum, as the ELio

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New update

Dear SONDORS Supporter,

You may have caught on after seeing a few of our recent updates on our campaign and social media pages – we have officially chosen to build the Model SONDORS prototype in Italy.

And what you may have also noticed, is that our design and engineering teams are making incredible progress.

In my opinion, there’s no better place than Italy when it comes to designing a car. Italy, the birthplace of great classics like Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati – surely amongst the most timeless and beautiful cars the world has ever seen.

We are extremely fortunate to have partnered with some of the best designers and engineers known from around the globe. There is truly an impressive collaboration of highly-skilled professionals working together in the making of Model SONDORS, and we couldn’t be here without you.

While in Italy, we have finalized the exterior and interior design of Model SONDORS, and are completing 3D surfacing - just as we’ll be using for the final prototype build.

Our choice for the exterior has been inspired by my lifelong passion for Gran Turismo with a modern edge. This is something you can catch a glimpse of within the images we’ve already shared. The Model SONDORS will undoubtedly make a powerful statement for the future of electric car design, with its striking front and profile view and impeccable integration of the 3rd wheel — it’s a guaranteed headturner. It’s what I expected from working with Italian designers, and what you’d expect from SONDORS.

We’ve selected an interior that really delivers the “wow” factor. It resembles a creative space that’s both roomy and inviting. It’s simple and clean, yet intelligent and innovative. We’ve cut out the unnecessary bulkiness of today’s standard car interior, while enhancing passenger comfort and an exhilarating driver experience. The entire layout has been designed with purpose - focusing on meeting the practical needs and conveniences of modern-day transportation.

Stay tuned, as I’ll soon have big news to share about the choice we’ve made for the Model SONDORS motor. We’ve spent a lot of time with multiple motor manufacturers, and will unveil our choice within the month of April.

I couldn’t be happier with the progress we’ve made thus far, or more excited for the day we’ll be revealing it all to you.

And, if you haven’t already, visit our Facebook page to see additional pictures of our progress here in Italy –– be sure to leave a comment to let us know what you think.

Sincerely,

Storm Sondors

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An update report with content regarding real progress. Eager to see the Model SONDORS Motor choice by the end of the month. Amazing what Storm seems to be doing with $1 Million of round one funding. We may actually see that first prototype by years end!

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An update report with content regarding real progress. Eager to see the Model SONDORS Motor choice by the end of the month. Amazing what Storm seems to be doing with $1 Million of round one funding. We may actually see that first prototype by years end!
I'm hoping to be able to plant my @$$ in it by then :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cool design, I wonder what the mileage would be with an Elio engine and no heavy batteries.
You would lose the frunk space, require trips to the gas station, lower mpg, and increase routine maintenance costs. The low center of gravity battery weight will add stability to the SONDORs. Does the Italian flare of the Model SONDORs create too much style for this old geezer...........no, I need a little style at my age. However, mine will be parked at the local Senior Center during lunch, rather than on the beach. :)

IMG_7175.JPG

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cool design, I wonder what the mileage would be with an Elio engine and no heavy batteries.
For comparison, the Suzuki G10 engine alone weighs 139lb. Add another 80lb+. for manifold, exhaust system, oil, lead/acid 12v battery, radiator and antifreeze and 100+lb. for 12 gallons of gasoline and the tank and fuel system. Add the weight of the transmission That's around 350lb. Compare that to a ~16Kwh battery bank that would probably weigh around 400lb. Throw in a motor and controller combo that might weigh upwards to 50lb. So... surprisingly, not a lot of weight saving.

Last edited:
Top Bottom