• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AWD for me! :) Storm needs to get a rear wheel drive SONDORS tested and validated.
That is what he is raising 2 million in 60 Days for. I asked how it was going but no response. The 60 Days will be up around the first of Feb. 2018. I think that we will know something before long. :clap2:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sondors battery will have a 15 year warranty and will cost around $13,000. for the 150 mile range . $16,000 for the 200 mile range. Sondors has a question and answer page on Facebook. Transparency a good thing.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2CA4B72B-04A4-4274-8FD4-7B2E8448C9B0.png

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't tell me, show me.
After 9 years of following Elio marketing with little shown, a lesson learned. I liked Storm's prototype build process, he released info and photos of the ACTUAL progress for all to see. Better to show us a prototype screaming around the test track with scheduled reservationist test drives opportunities before providing a list of available options for a concept show car.

I'm puzzled by the idea of just looking at a vehicle and buying it. It seems test drives, performance, handling, fit and finish, driver fit (comfort), and safety would be critical to the decision to actually purchase any vehicle. Overly excited Facebook chatter reminds me of the 9 years I followed Elio. With that said I like the SONDORs look, but have serious doubts about it's wide body and performance with it's single rear wheel drive in-hub motor, estimated price point, and production schedule. The good thing is simple refundable reservations and frankly should be no processing fee for people wanting to show support for his vehicle.

I'm somewhat excited about the A Team's production milestones and my refundable FUV reservation that appears to be close to delivery, but the actual test drive will determine whether I buy it or pass my reservation # on to Doug or threewheelin. :)

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of my biggest hesitations with the Sondors was the single rear wheel drive. I know it can work (like in the Slingshot) but it was not my preferred option for a commuter. They just mentioned in the Q&A FB thread that the mass production model with be front wheel drive with AWD coming in later models, assuming as an option.

"Our mass production model will have front wheel drive for better traction and performance. We anticipate releasing an AWD version after mass production. We will keep you posted!
1f642.png
:) "

SondorsFWD.png

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't tell me, show me.
After 9 years of following Elio marketing with little shown, a lesson learned. I liked Storm's prototype build process, he released info and photos of the ACTUAL progress for all to see. Better to show us a prototype screaming around the test track with scheduled reservationist test drives opportunities before providing a list of available options for a concept show car.

I'm puzzled by the idea of just looking at a vehicle and buying it. It seems test drives, performance, handling, fit and finish, driver fit (comfort), and safety would be critical to the decision to actually purchase any vehicle. Overly excited Facebook chatter reminds me of the 9 years I followed Elio. With that said I like the SONDORs look, but have serious doubts about it's wide body and performance with it's single rear wheel drive in-hub motor, estimated price point, and production schedule. The good thing is simple refundable reservations and frankly should be no processing fee for people wanting to show support for his vehicle.

I'm somewhat excited about the A Team's production milestones and my refundable FUV reservation that appears to be close to delivery, but the actual test drive will determine whether I buy it or pass my reservation # on to Doug or threewheelin. :)
Big difference between Elio and Sondors. Just compare the time spent and money! All reservations for Sondors are fully refundable. Nothing to lose but time, and I hope that we have plenty! I might get my FUV shortly after yours anyway. This fall is fine with me!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of my biggest hesitations with the Sondors was the single rear wheel drive. I know it can work (like in the Slingshot) but it was not my preferred option for a commuter. They just mentioned in the Q&A FB thread that the mass production model with be front wheel drive with AWD coming in later models, assuming as an option.

"Our mass production model will have front wheel drive for better traction and performance. We anticipate releasing an AWD version after mass production. We will keep you posted!
1f642.png
:) "

View attachment 22345
Front and/or AWD would be my preference living in a 4 season climate. However, I'm skeptical of the term "anticipated" after all my years of following three wheeler concepts. Most turned to vaporware, some still hanging on by a thread, and a couple starting to deliver their first reservationist vehicles. Only after the rear wheel drive SONDORs (now stated the production model will be front wheel drive with 2 in-hub motors at twice the price?) is tested/validated and on the cusp of production does anticipated models have any serious credibility. Currently everything SONDORs is "anticipated" with the exception of the untested rear wheel drive marketing prototype. Oddly people are throwing money at the high risk investment with no real finalized specifications and validated proof of concept. It's ok to gamble, but one can't be surprised and or disappointed if they lose.

Top Bottom