• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I understand the promotional material:

50-mile range -- starting at $10k
100-mile range -- starting at $13k
200-mile range -- starting at $16k

I had been sitting on the sidelines with restrained curiosity regarding the SONDORS electric trike. Part of it is justifiably emotional as I've learned harsh lessons from going all-in with Elio. But part of it is technical in that I didn't believe fully in the hub motor and rear-wheel drivetrain in the SONDORS prototype.

Recently, I had watched a YouTube video of Storm personally alluding to front-wheel drive and even all-wheel drive configurations either presently under development or anticipated in future design iterations. I was ecstatic to hear that but reserved myself to waiting for more concrete news.

Go visit the StartEngine site (https://www.startengine.com/sondors-electric-car) and scroll down to Key Details. It now states "front wheel drive". I'm intrigued...
Sondors announced a couple of months ago that the production model is going to be FWD.

He also said that AWD and RWD may be options sometime after the start of production.

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Re: rear wheel drive on the Polaris slingshot:

Apparently there has been a little chatter about traction and somehow Polaris addressed this on the newest models but the jury is still out. I think that real 'motorcyclists' transitioning to a rear wheel drive trike will be very forgiving and content with some slipping, bouncing, and fishtailing but 'automobile' drivers making the same change will be a lot less accepting

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Storm is trying too. One prototype, and he is thinking April next year?
P.S. I do not see it going for 10K either.
Now Storm is talking about a big 9'' touch screen in the middle, like a Model S 17 ".

That ain't no off the shelf part :)

PSS. I wish my name was Storm.
Wow... what a creepy voice... and mullet.

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
As I understand the promotional material:

50-mile range -- starting at $10k
100-mile range -- starting at $13k
200-mile range -- starting at $16k

I had been sitting on the sidelines with restrained curiosity regarding the SONDORS electric trike. Part of it is justifiably emotional as I've learned harsh lessons from going all-in with Elio. But part of it is technical in that I didn't believe fully in the hub motor and rear-wheel drivetrain in the SONDORS prototype.

Recently, I had watched a YouTube video of Storm personally alluding to front-wheel drive and even all-wheel drive configurations either presently under development or anticipated in future design iterations. I was ecstatic to hear that but reserved myself to waiting for more concrete news.

Go visit the StartEngine site (https://www.startengine.com/sondors-electric-car) and scroll down to Key Details. It now states "front wheel drive". I'm intrigued...
I saw that also. I wonder if it is a typo?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do you make of THIS?
sondors_running_out.jpg

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but having a rep at the location for two stinking hours...
was the LEAST they could have done. First failure to properly file A+ notices in a lot of states...
And now this? It would have cost them what? less than $100 to have a rep there?
Are they intentionally trying to sabotage their own project?

The smart thing to do would have been...
For Storm and his entourage to be there with dinner and drinks.
And an offer to be taken to see the car at it's indoor location.
COME ON!

Last edited:
Top Bottom