• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not all is lost my friend, I used my 1K ELIO reservation for EMV's SOLO! :D
Except that realistically I expect the price to be way more than advertised so I have to decide when I get a call from them to either confirm or cancel my order. If the out the door cost is 20K, which is very likely after the shipping/destination cost, import taxes and registration fees, etc. are added up, then I'm sure I'll have as much fun with a used BOLT or LEAF EV for me. At least the A/C is included!:D

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is one of the best informative reviews/interviews I've seen. It's over an hour long and was done at the LA car show.

Last edited:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Storm is trying too. One prototype, and he is thinking April next year?
P.S. I do not see it going for 10K either.
Now Storm is talking about a big 9'' touch screen in the middle, like a Model S 17 ".

That ain't no off the shelf part :)

PSS. I wish my name was Storm.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Storm is trying too.
Yeah... Well... Right now they're delayed on completing the $2M leg of the $20M Reg A+.

It seems that they were late in posting notices in the individual states.
So many people are not able to buy into the Reg A+ even if they want to.

Could have been them. Or it could have been that StartEngine...
Didn't keep them up to speed on what hoops they had to jump through.

I know they perform a valuable function, but as time goes on, I find that I like StartEngine less and less.
The question is, how well they perform that function for the money they make from it.

All in all, this does not bode well after that amazing start out of the gate.
That and not much has come out lately but fluff. Sound familiar?
A WHOLE lot of people are looking at this delay thinking...
"Uh-oh, Haven't we been here many times before?"

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what the total cost of the Sondors will be, because the least expensive electric vehicle is more than 3X the cost of an Elio. If Sondors can get it below $22K, that will breaking new ground for EV's.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I understand the promotional material:

50-mile range -- starting at $10k
100-mile range -- starting at $13k
200-mile range -- starting at $16k

I had been sitting on the sidelines with restrained curiosity regarding the SONDORS electric trike. Part of it is justifiably emotional as I've learned harsh lessons from going all-in with Elio. But part of it is technical in that I didn't believe fully in the hub motor and rear-wheel drivetrain in the SONDORS prototype.

Recently, I had watched a YouTube video of Storm personally alluding to front-wheel drive and even all-wheel drive configurations either presently under development or anticipated in future design iterations. I was ecstatic to hear that but reserved myself to waiting for more concrete news.

Go visit the StartEngine site (https://www.startengine.com/sondors-electric-car) and scroll down to Key Details. It now states "front wheel drive". I'm intrigued...

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there data from previous road use and tests specific about single rear wheel drive? I just have a ‘gut’ feeling that a lone power wheel, in the middle of the road will be prone to spinning out, causing ’fishtailing,’ be ineffective in otherwise insignificant amounts of snow or ice (or standing oily road surfaces), uand be ‘beaten up’ and magnified by poorly maintained roads with potholes, etc. Pulling a lone, central, and unpowered wheel is the singular and primary virtual advantage that Elio virtually has.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there data from previous road use and tests specific about single rear wheel drive? I just have a ‘gut’ feeling that a lone power wheel, in the middle of the road will be prone to spinning out, causing ’fishtailing,’ be ineffective in otherwise insignificant amounts of snow or ice (or standing oily road surfaces), uand be ‘beaten up’ and magnified by poorly maintained roads with potholes, etc. Pulling a lone, central, and unpowered wheel is the singular and primary virtual advantage that Elio virtually has.
Isn't a Slingshot RWD? They've been around for a while and I suspect there's got to be some sort of data out there by now because someone has had to driven one in snow. Polaris is in MN and it snows there plenty.

Top Bottom