• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Spelling, Or "speling"

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is! Look for the words underlined in red squiggly line. Its vocabulary is not immense, and it will only tell you the word is misspelled and it is up to you to correct it/or not. Some people will 'dumb down' their writing for emphasis. That doesn't make them any less smart.
A person from Elio returned my call today. 844-289-3546....Here is what learned !
For starters, the number above is the one I called which I got from a Rep in OKC when I asked about my production number and t shirt.. A few days ago a woman called , she said I'd hear from someone in a few days ( no caller id) this morning a man Called ( no caller id)..He said he would get me a t shirt and bumper sticker out and apologized for not receiving the one that records indicate was sent almost a month ago
.. He also said it's his responsibility for sending t shirts and production numbers and he would be working on the new batch ( his words ) this week-end.. He may have mentioned his name but i did not pay much attention when he introduced himself because of the no caller id until I heard "From Elio".. So I pumped out questions until he said "Gotta cut this off now, expecting a confrence call.. Here are the questions and answers I got..I asked are you definitely in the Shreveport (also mentioned to him the latest news saying maybe not )
his Answer.."We have un-offically been in since December".. I asked him to explain.. He answered.. "WE have some political hurdles but one of our investor/partners bought the equipment, so we own it but wether we build Elio there or not is an issue", he went on to say that right now all work in being done in Detroit..I told him about my concerns about Elio hounding my neice via phone and internet to complete her check out on Elio's reservation site, also mentioned them telling her she would be issued an easy pay credit/fuel card since she is a student and does not have a job.. He answered, that plan will only be in effect once the retail stores are open and if customers have a trade , also said the program still does not have a bank completely on board at this time and interest rates would be in line with a buyers credit score and could be in the 22% range or turned down..I asked if Elio will be in production at the beginning of 2015..His answer "We certainly want to be"..I asked about test driving and factory pick up.. He answered.. Once we Build a few Elios with the correct motor and transmission etc that will be the same as a cutomer purchase we hope to figure out a way to do this"..I asked if Elio was a 100% go now with everything needed to get up and running..His answer...."Monty you just like us at Elio are taking a risk, anything could happen". At that point it wasn't hard to tell he was tired of getting drilled and mentioned his urgent pending conference call.. Oh, I also heard a tv and home like noises in background, so I doubt he was calling from an office.. Take this information any way you want .. I'm thinking they are no closer to building Elios now than they were in 2013.. The number is listed in this head line, call them yourself ! 844-289-3546

Last edited:

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am using IE, If you are using an idiot/dumb phone and you do not care enough to download and integrate a spell checker you probably should. Of course that might make your IM's look a bit strange.
The iPhone 4 my son gave me has a built in spell checker but it types some dumb but correctly spelled stuff lol.. BTW smartphones are pretty cool and I finally gave into them when my youngest son upgraded and gave me his iPhone 4.. Been testing free GPS apps and they have been pretty good! You can save $$ using a smartphone with the right apps! :)

Ray

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A person from Elio returned my call today. 844-289-3546....Here is what learned !
For starters, the number above is the one I called which I got from a Rep in OKC when I asked about my production number and t shirt.. A few days ago a woman called , she said I'd hear from someone in a few days ( no caller id) this morning a man Called ( no caller id)..He said he would get me a t shirt and bumper sticker out and apologized for not receiving the one that records indicate was sent almost a month ago
.. He also said it's his responsibility for sending t shirts and production numbers and he would be working on the new batch ( his words ) this week-end.. He may have mentioned his name but i did not pay much attention when he introduced himself because of the no caller id until I heard "From Elio".. So I pumped out questions until he said "Gotta cut this off now, expecting a confrence call.. Here are the questions and answers I got..I asked are you definitely in the Shreveport (also mentioned to him the latest news saying maybe not )
his Answer.."We have un-offically been in since December".. I asked him to explain.. He answered.. "WE have some political hurdles but one of our investor/partners bought the equipment, so we own it but wether we build Elio there or not is an issue", he went on to say that right now all work in being done in Detroit..I told him about my concerns about Elio hounding my neice via phone and internet to complete her check out on Elio's reservation site, also mentioned them telling her she would be issued an easy pay credit/fuel card since she is a student and does not have a job.. He answered, that plan will only be in effect once the retail stores are open and if customers have a trade , also said the program still does not have a bank completely on board at this time and interest rates would be in line with a buyers credit score and could be in the 22% range or turned down..I asked if Elio will be in production at the beginning of 2015..His answer "We certainly want to be"..I asked about test driving and factory pick up.. He answered.. Once we Build a few Elios with the correct motor and transmission etc that will be the same as a cutomer purchase we hope to figure out a way to do this"..I asked if Elio was a 100% go now with everything needed to get up and running..His answer...."Monty you just like us at Elio are taking a risk, anything could happen".. At that point it wasn't hard to tell he was tired of getting drilled and mentioned his urgent pending conferencecall.. Oh, I also heard a tv and home like noises in background, so I doubt he was calling from an office.. Take this information any way you want to.. I'm thinking they are no closer to building Elios now than they were in 2013.. The number is listed in this head line, call them yourself ! 844-289-3546
Monty this is the best post you have made! Thanks for the details and the post!

Ray

Top Bottom