• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Squashed like a bug.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I won’t buy a vehicle that doesn’t meet my needs. I’ve test driven vehicles that met my styling and specs needs, but didn’t purchase based on a test drive…….ingress/egress, driver comfort, fit and finish, performance and handling. Regardless of our apparent debate, I’m happy Arcimoto is on task, currently has 7 regional sales and service States selected for whatever their business logic, strategically expanding to other States while implementing production scale plans in their new RAMP, and keeping the engineering team busy with product development to include new products like the MLM. That helps future sales revenue and the bottom line.
So, the FUV does not meet your needs.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, the FUV does not meet your needs.
Not until the FUV has the fully enclosed option. The full hard door option is part of the in progress 1.x iteration FUV. Hoping to see the reveal soon. By the time production scale allows for sales and service expansion to my home State of South Dakota my must have full enclosure box ‘should‘ be checked. Sooner or later you will have access to a test drive opportunity. I look forward to your review.

Note: I had decided to settle on the half door option because I was tired of waiting, when I ordered one of the first 100 FUV Evergreens back in 2019, but when production of the half doors was delayed and scheduled to ship separately to owners at some later date, I pulled out of the December 2019 production queue. The later date was Q1 2022……so the half doors took awhile. Owners say they done right and worth the wait.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not until the FUV has the fully enclosed option. The full hard door option is part of the in progress 1.x iteration FUV. Hoping to see the reveal soon. By the time production scale allows for sales and service expansion to my home State of South Dakota my must have full enclosure box ‘should‘ be checked. Sooner or later you will have access to a test drive opportunity. I look forward to your review.

Note: I had decided to settle on the half door option because I was tired of waiting, when I ordered one of the first 100 FUV Evergreens back in 2019, but when production of the half doors was delayed and scheduled to ship separately to owners at some later date, I pulled out of the December 2019 production queue. The later date was Q1 2022……so the half doors took awhile. Owners say they done right and worth the wait.
So you now own one as we are well into Q2 of 2022. How are the half doors? What’s the real world mileage? Will the let you return the half doors and get the full ones? When do the full doors come out. I’m looking for a date as that’s much better than just glossing over the details.

Also, Road America has been providing roadside assistance and service for the FUV in all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. So why they won’t sell me one makes zero sense to me. DHL just ships it to your house. Super simple and easy.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So you now own one as we are well into Q2 of 2022. How are the half doors? What’s the real world mileage? Will the let you return the half doors and get the full ones? When do the full doors come out. I’m looking for a date as that’s much better than just glossing over the details.

Also, Road America has been providing roadside assistance and service for the FUV in all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. So why they won’t sell me one makes zero sense to me. DHL just ships it to your house. Super simple and easy.
Doesn’t matter until the new factory buildout is complete allowing for production scale. They can’t fill the current orders at the current rate of 4 units per day. Yes, DHL ships, Road America provides roadside assist, but Arcimoto handles service and warranty work either at the factory, mobile service, or rentail locations in the current regional sales/service areas. Full enclosure likely available on the production scale FUV 1.x and ready when it’s good and ready. They are doing things right and being fiscally responsible In the process.

Last edited:
Top Bottom