• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a result, I wrote an error message that said "If you get this message contact the developer! We need to talk!"
In the next two years I never got that call, but it was the only possible way to find a solution.
I used to keep screen caps of the weird error messages I got from various pieces of software. I used to have screen caps of things like:
* You should not be here.
* Error. God damn exception: 666
These were from major software packages from Adobe and others.

There is no one so good at finding weird software bugs as an end user.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My co-worker has one of those cars. The problem/fix is ridiculous. Basically if you have a heavy key chain it causes problems so the fix in the recall is to plug the hole in the key to make it impossible to put it on a key chain. What kid of fix is that? Oh yeah.... it's a fix to get people to lose their keys so then they have to spend more money replacing them... I might add my co-worker never did have the recall work done...
I've never understood why someone would carry around so many keys and why they would attach them all to the vehicle ignition key. While not a perfect solution, I keep my trailer keys (there are 5 required for the trailer that can't be keyed the same) on their own keychain and I keep THAT in my truck because I'll never need them unless my truck is with me. Same goes for other keys. If you always keep your key in your pocket or in it's place at home, you can't lose it. People tend to keep every single key they own on one keychain. That's a lot of weight on the ignition. People do the same thing with wallets. I can't imagine needing hundreds of scraps of paper or a bunch of cards. I've seen wallet hoarders who have to keep their wallet in their front pocket because it's basically become a purse. In reality, you really only need a card or two and a license or two.

For people who HAVE to have a bunch of cards, maybe a better solution to carrying all of them all the time would be something like COIN. https://onlycoin.com/ I carry COIN and one other credit card "just in case". Coin is more secure than carrying around the issued cards. It can store 8 different card numbers at a time but the app can keep an infinite number of card numbers with your phone and can be loaded to the card easy enough.

I just don't get the need to keep every card you own in your wallet at all times or every key you own on your keychain at a time. Perhaps that feeling is akin to hoarding.

EDIT: While my coin still works, apparently, they sold the business to Fitbit and will no longer be making cards which is a bummer because it's pretty cool.

Last edited:

btg

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I've never understood why someone would carry around so many keys and why they would attach them all to the vehicle ignition key. While not a perfect solution, I keep my trailer keys (there are 5 required for the trailer that can't be keyed the same) on their own keychain and I keep THAT in my truck because I'll never need them unless my truck is with me. Same goes for other keys. If you always keep your key in your pocket or in it's place at home, you can't lose it. People tend to keep every single key they own on one keychain. That's a lot of weight on the ignition. People do the same thing with wallets. I can't imagine needing hundreds of scraps of paper or a bunch of cards. I've seen wallet hoarders who have to keep their wallet in their front pocket because it's basically become a purse. In reality, you really only need a card or two and a license or two.

For people who HAVE to have a bunch of cards, maybe a better solution to carrying all of them all the time would be something like COIN. https://onlycoin.com/ I carry COIN and one other credit card "just in case". Coin is more secure than carrying around the issued cards. It can store 8 different card numbers at a time but the app can keep an infinite number of card numbers with your phone and can be loaded to the card easy enough.

I just don't get the need to keep every card you own in your wallet at all times or every key you own on your keychain at a time. Perhaps that feeling is akin to hoarding.

EDIT: While my coin still works, apparently, they sold the business to Fitbit and will no longer be making cards which is a bummer because it's pretty cool.
I don't quite understand having lots of keys on the key chain either. But I do have my work office key on my key chain and unfortunately I have a key to each building for work. That is 3 additional keys. The only coin looks cool but how does it handle chip cards? A better option (that requires merchant help) is mobile payments. Unfortunately there are only a few places that I spend money that accept it.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I used to keep screen caps of the weird error messages I got from various pieces of software. I used to have screen caps of things like:
* You should not be here.
* Error. God damn exception: 666
These were from major software packages from Adobe and others.

There is no one so good at finding weird software bugs as an end user.

Amen brothuh. Testers are pretty good too, the antithesis of a programmer. :D

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I used to do those all the time in my old '65 Mustang with the 351W. But hey, when doing the burn out, it is only possible BECAUSE the engine is overpowering the brakes! Well, the back brakes, anyway. I did watch a news story where the reporter sat there and showed that the engine couldn't overpower the brakes on the Toyota in question. Maybe my Mustang just had horrible rear brakes. (Pretty sure it did)

I've had a few "warmed up" autos in my youth. The "racers way" of doing the smokey burnout, was to put a "line-lock" on the front brakes.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-760000/overview/

scroll down and read the description of how it works.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't quite understand having lots of keys on the key chain either. But I do have my work office key on my key chain and unfortunately I have a key to each building for work. That is 3 additional keys. The only coin looks cool but how does it handle chip cards? A better option (that requires merchant help) is mobile payments. Unfortunately there are only a few places that I spend money that accept it.
I think when the chipped cards started coming online, Card couldn't emulate them so they were kind of backed into a corner. Still, every time I pull it out and scroll through the cards, people ask about it. Neat, but no longer available. Did you see the Olympics are using a payment ring? Ofc built into a ring so athletes don't have to keep track of a wallet.

Top Bottom