• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, you're great for our perspective; you grew up in a computer age; for a lot of the rest of us, computers came later in life. The first Personal Computers (aka PC's) were unbelievably expensive and had the same computing power (if not less) then a calculator has now; and we thought they kicked butt!
My first upgrade was to a full Meg of RAM in a Wang 286; it even had a hard drive! (like 10MB), used I paid $600 for it, and it was right when 486's were being talked about.
So to hear your views is the other side of the coin. (You probably don't even know what 286's are).
I like having those "fresh" eyes around.
I had already burned through the Radio Shack T-4 (4,000 bytes) computer by then. I wish they had told me it needed a monitor. I never could make it "work." I used AT and XT before using the 286 with lotus and wordperfect software. And we thought at the time that was way more power than we could ever need. Then came the 386 and then 486. I think I heard rumors of a 686, but we never got those.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I had already burned through the Radio Shack T-4 (4,000 bytes) computer by then. I wish they had told me it needed a monitor. I never could make it "work." I used AT and XT before using the 286 with lotus and wordperfect software. And we thought at the time that was way more power than we could ever need. Then came the 386 and then 486. I think I heard rumors of a 686, but we never got those.
A RS T-4?? Never heard of them.
Do you mean a TRS-80?
And the i686 was an internal term at Intel, it was a term for P6 microarchitecture.
The first of the new P6 microarchitecture; the i686 or x86 based chip was a Pentium Pro that lead to the whole series of Pentium processors. (Geez I was a Pro geek for too long; I can't stop the flood gates of info on older computer stuff that I was in on the ground floor for)

So with that said

Derailed-topic[1].jpg

Standard and Optional Equipment for the Elio.

I just wish the Elio would have been out 10 years ago, my custom shop would have made me a very rich person.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The price of the woofer is not out of line considering that it includes the amplifier, custom formed enclosure and installation. It's essentially the same as the retail price of similar units that MTX produces for other vehicles.
You mean all these people with booming car stereos are paying $600 to have that noise? No wonder these people look scruffy like they don't have much money. After buying those subwoofers, they don't.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean all these people with booming car stereos are paying $600 to have that noise? No wonder these people look scruffy like they don't have much money. After buying those subwoofers, they don't.
I've seen people spend $8K for a "Stereo System"
But at that level; it's just a bit more than a just Stereo
And it's usually in a car/vehicle you would think is worth that kind of spending.
They also have hydraulic suspension (air ride is old school now) and $10,000 to $18,000 in just wheels and tires !

Someone later down the line will take and spend $20K to $50K "personalizing" their Elio and tour the show circuit, or put it in SEMA.
I can tell you right now, it's not going to be me; but it might be some people I know.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone want to talk about the stereo options pictured in post 744 of this thread? I find it interesting and I was hoping people would want to talk about them.

I also found their price of the subwoofer at $599 very expensive. What should be the price of a subwoofer?
I find it interesting, but I have absolutely no idea what it represents: five different options or ?

Top Bottom