• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, they've got a year to figure out all the options and pricing. I do think that option pricing should include installation. All other cars quote options as installed. Elio should too. But maybe they could offer a different price (lower) with the notation: available for installation at Pep Boys. That would allow the gear heads to do it themselves, and would eliminate the need to send cars back to marshaling centers for retrofitted options. But I suspect most folks will just want to know what an option costs when it's already installed when they get the car.

The options I want most haven't appeared yet. But I'm certain they will before the year is out. You know what they are; my signature has been listing them for 2 years now. (The blue tooth option is available in the radio upgrade).
I re-read your option list in your sig to see what they were; when the Blind-spot warnings popped out at me; I was reading some reviews from people that have those, and one of the main things the ask for is a way to turn them off.
Reason being, in everyday daily driving you will always end up with someone in your blind spot; they people that have then say they are getting tired of the constant beeping they have to listen to when ever they drive.
Thinking about it, I've never taken that into consideration; and it would drive me crazy too.
I wanted them too, but after reading those reviews, I'm beginning to rethink it.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I re-read your option list in your sig to see what they were; when the Blind-spot warnings popped out at me; I was reading some reviews from people that have those, and one of the main things the ask for is a way to turn them off.
Reason being, in everyday daily driving you will always end up with someone in your blind spot; they people that have then say they are getting tired of the constant beeping they have to listen to when ever they drive.
Thinking about it, I've never taken that into consideration; and it would drive me crazy too.
I wanted them too, but after reading those reviews, I'm beginning to rethink it.
The beeping would get old but I thought they were just lights on the mirror because you'll look before changing lanes (and hopefully signal as well). When you look in your mirror, you would see the blind spot indicator and know someone was there. My truck has no blind spot and when I drive my wife's car, I have to be careful to remember that most cars do have a blind spot.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The one's on my wife's camry don't beep, they just flash -- I like 'em. But they do insist you don't have room to move over when you really do -- another Japanese Nanny decision.

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find that adjusting the left, side mirror out until there is a slight overlap with the rearview mirror eliminates the blind spot altogether.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I find that adjusting the left, side mirror out until there is a slight overlap with the rearview mirror eliminates the blind spot altogether.
One little problem with that for the Elio.

There's no rearview mirror

On my Nitro, I have the 2" spot mirrors on the lower inside corner on the outside mirrors (both sides)

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When Seth found that a couple of days ago; it brought back (in my mind) car buying in the early 60's when carpet was an option. If you didn't take that option, you got a rubber mat. During that same period, an AM radio was an option, along with a back seat and a heater. When you ordered a base model, that what you got, they very basics; the car with the smallest motor they offered, front bench seat, crank windows, wipers and turn signals, headlights and taillights, bias ply cheap skinny tires, no hubcaps, bumpers; pretty much the items that were federal requirements for a car to be on the road (I'm talking like 1961 Ford Falcon here).
So seeing no carpet in the Elio is going back to basics.
1955 and '56 Chevy 265 V8, oil filter was an option '57 283 it was standard.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One little problem with that for the Elio.

There's no rearview mirror

On my Nitro, I have the 2" spot mirrors on the lower inside corner on the outside mirrors (both sides)

Just to be different from you, I put mine on the outside corner of my mirrors! :boink:

All kidding aside, those little mirrors are worth every penny they cost. And they only cost what, $2 or $3?

Top Bottom