• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Lisa

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I like the idea of no carpet; should be so much easier to clean. Years ago, I used to drink Carnation Instant Breakfast (powder mixed with milk) on the way to work. Until the fateful day I had to brake hard to avoid hitting some numbskull; the cup fell onto the passenger-side floor, lid popped off and the entire drink soaked into the carpet. I scrubbed and scrubbed, to no avail. The car stank like baby vomit for weeks afterwards.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sprayed the inside of my Wrangler with Rhino lining. I removed the seats put scuppers in the floor to let the water out, it worked great for 10 years. Then my poor jeep got totaled.

Did the same thing to my '90 Wrangler, but mine had drain plugs already in the floor. Just had to pop out the plugs...Let it rain! Oh, I did have a bimini top and plastic a bag for the driver's seat. Really miss that thing when it's this time of year.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did the same thing to my '90 Wrangler, but mine had drain plugs already in the floor. Just had to pop out the plugs...Let it rain! Oh, I did have a bimini top and plastic a bag for the driver's seat. Really miss that thing when it's this time of year.

Mine had the same plugs I replaced them with scuppers so i did not have to remove them and also it did not let road spray come up.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But wouldn't scuppers lead to more road noise? I guess one could devise a channel of sufficient length in which audible noise gets squelched, but that seems like more work than there is benefit. What has been your experience?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But wouldn't scuppers lead to more road noise? I guess one could devise a channel of sufficient length in which audible noise gets squelched, but that seems like more work than there is benefit. What has been your experience?

Well, I didn't have scuppers like Chaz, but when the top is off a Jeep travelling down the road at highway speeds "road noise" is imperceptible. My big problem was my left ear getting blasted by wind. Wouldn't want to do a roadtrip of any length without ear plugs.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea of no carpet and using bed liner too. I walk through my backyard to get to my driveway (our garages are all behind our houses in our neighborhood) so there is always dead grass in my carpets and keeping them clean means a lot of vacuuming. Without carpet and 1 minute with a Dustbuster and done.

But, wouldn't carpet help deaden road noise? I guess you could just put down some Dynamat and spray the liner over it. Sound deadening AND easy cleanup.

Top Bottom