• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I just cam from the configurator and the color for carpet can be chosen for $78.

But get this: According to the configurator, standard is NO CARPET.

I hope the configurator is wrong, but it may not be. You would expect black to be standard at no cost but it is not. Black carpet is an option at $78.

Perhaps gray is standard. Perhaps standard is whatever good deal they got that month. I can picture in my mind someone getting their Elio. They open the door and there is the carpet: shocking pink-----shag!

There must be an error. Who would sell a vehicle these days with no carpet.
When Seth found that a couple of days ago; it brought back (in my mind) car buying in the early 60's when carpet was an option. If you didn't take that option, you got a rubber mat. During that same period, an AM radio was an option, along with a back seat and a heater. When you ordered a base model, that what you got, they very basics; the car with the smallest motor they offered, front bench seat, crank windows, wipers and turn signals, headlights and taillights, bias ply cheap skinny tires, no hubcaps, bumpers; pretty much the items that were federal requirements for a car to be on the road (I'm talking like 1961 Ford Falcon here).
So seeing no carpet in the Elio is going back to basics.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do like the body color / chrome stern cover. That's an option I'd be interested in. I know at one point EM was considering making the rear wheel cover available in body color as an option ... maybe they still will ... but I haven't heard anything about it in a year or so. And 2-tone was never mentioned.
Indian fenders have been.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And THAT is why it is an option :)

Perhaps this part of the configurator is not complete. They don't even show a rubber matt. Years ago, if a car did not have carpeting, it at least had rubber flooring. This does not show rubber flooring. It does not even show a rubber matt. If the Elio standard flooring was the bare metal floor, the media would have a great time making fun of the elio.

I have a car with the original rubber flooring it came with. Another has nothing, only the metal floor with a rubber mat on it.

This may have been fine years ago, but today, the buying public expects carpeting in any vehicle intended for street usage. The Elio would look cheese and cheap in the public's eye and would think of it as low quality and something to stay away from.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps this part of the configurator is not complete. They don't even show a rubber matt. Years ago, if a car did not have carpeting, it at least had rubber flooring. This does not show rubber flooring. It does not even show a rubber matt. If the Elio standard flooring was the bare metal floor, the media would have a great time making fun of the elio.

I have a car with the original rubber flooring it came with. Another has nothing, only the metal floor with a rubber mat on it.

This may have been fine years ago, but today, the buying public expects carpeting in any vehicle intended for street usage. The Elio would look cheese and cheap in the public's eye and would think of it as low quality and something to stay away from.
Penny wise pound foolish....

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It really looks foolish considering A/C, power windows, power locks, etc. are all standard.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Y'all know that the Configurator isn't completed yet.... right?
And since we're most likely a year away from production vehicles rolling off the line....

Relax folks, lots of time for the configurator to get updated to show all the options that we'll be able to choose from. A year from now.

Top Bottom