• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Suggested Event: Elio Rally

XanWolf

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was kind of thinking of a multi-scale run. If there were -- say six -- regional rallies timed so that the one national rally could encompass them all. I am sure that some folks would want it to be on a weekend; but unless it rolls on through, the national one would drag on forever.

As the plan comes together in my mind, at least for the national drivers, we would need some accommodations to be coordinated. I have never run a rally before so I do not really know how they go -- this is all kind of a swag. I could imagine some sort of group breakfast, then a bit of driving (2-3 hours -- perhaps an organized pitstop about 30-45 minutes into the ride) to get to some group lunch place, then again 2-3 hours back to the initial location for dinner. The national drivers can arrive the day before and move on the day after to the next regional/local.
There would need to be easy access to report "some new sound" or "some new feeling" that might develop. I would hope that there would be an android/iphone app which would allow easy submission of audio/video recordings to EM for analysis. Each evening, hopefully, they could get on top of any issues that developed. It seems the app would be good anyway... not really needed because they could just be e-mailed... but still...if there were an ODB II (or the like) connector also, it could provide a greater set of information.

With 6 regions, it would take 11 days plus the travel time to/from home and the first/last regions.

Yeap, I can see this would require a lot of coordination; however, the advertising payoff could be huge.

Reaction score
Absolutely ! Now we are talking. Please join your Elio State Group as soon as possible. You can find them at the bottom of this forum lists. This must become the hub information about these rallies. Everybody no matter where they are located will see all the postings and know they are invited. Kudos Buckeye Jake. The Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise WILL BE a Annual Rally for the whole area. I picture a troop of us cruising together in a pack down M-1. Cedar Point will be another. A shared picnic, everybody can bring covered dishes and we will rent or reserve a pavilion. I plan to join up with the motorcycle poker runs myself and announce it and invite everybody here to come. I plan to continue having sit down dinners at the local cracker barrels. From there we can plan as a group the next few State Rallies. I would like to see local meetings (like NE OHIO) three or four times a year and regional or State twice a year. Between Jake, EKH and I, we have the OHIO covered.

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aahz is working on one that will be called the Golden Run (I know, I'm helping)
Plan is to have it centrally located in Golden CO.
I love Colorado...spent some really nice time in the Rockies. But if I went to more than one event in Golden, would the plural mean I'd have the Golden Runs? :-o

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ohhh! Ouch that would hurt!!! However if it turns out to be Real Gold? I'd endure the pain!! Lol
I think Shreveport back to Phoenix would be pretty cool. .
We could also have any others (Cal, Nev, Or, Wash, etc) with us. They can continue to their destinations after going to the Elio office in Phoenix!
That could be one lllong train of Elios!!!
Can you say AWESOME advertising!!!

Top Bottom