• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Texas Show Apr. 22-24: Post Your Questions

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where do people get the idea that they are packing an extra 400 lbs? That would be an awful lot of weight to pare off what I thought was already a pretty lean machine. If they are getting 81 mpg with a 1600 lb trike 84mpg should be a piece of cake with a 1200 lb machine. Larry
Both numbers came from the Elio team. Figuring a 200 pound driver, the 1800 pound (1600 lb. vehicle/200 payload) P5 getting 81 MPG should easily make it's targeted 84 MPG at 1400 pounds (1200 lb. Vehicle/200 lb. payload) In fact, at 7/9ths the weight, it might approach 90MPG. (less weight, but the wind displacement is roughly the same.

Palliden7

Elio Fan
Reaction score
1. Here goes Elio changing options. When the Elio demostrator was in Flagstaff Arizona over a year ago. I spoke to one of the reps and he stated the optional trans would be a solenoid operated clutch transmission. What happened?
2. Second question; I only put a deposit of a 100 dollars on the vehicle because I could trust that the vehicle would ever be produced.
So, since I live in Sedona Azizona could I make arrangements when the vehicle become avaiailable, to have a turbo charger installed by a service center selected by Elio down in Phoenix, Az.?
3. How about a HUD for us older folk with bi-focal eyeglasses? An option?
4. Last question: Cruise Control?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. Here goes Elio changing options. When the Elio demostrator was in Flagstaff Arizona over a year ago. I spoke to one of the reps and he stated the optional trans would be a solenoid operated clutch transmission. What happened?
2. Second question; I only put a deposit of a 100 dollars on the vehicle because I could trust that the vehicle would ever be produced.
So, since I live in Sedona Azizona could I make arrangements when the vehicle become avaiailable, to have a turbo charger installed by a service center selected by Elio down in Phoenix, Az.?

Welcome, all good questions, many been addressed. When you have some time (and we will with the date pushed forward again), scan many of the threads

WARNING: MANY of the threads tend to wander, and after a few posts on topic, it tends to move on to "anywhere"
BTW, the number you posted as a reservation, might be a receipt # for your deposit, as the SIL (spot in line) -the reservation number, is only issued to the folks who have gone in at $1,000. If in fact you have done the 1K all in, you'll be receiving your number (they are issued in batches about every 6 weeks), and we're probably close to that time.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
EM is still trying to figure out if Cruise Control will be standard or an option; that's a please stand by.
The configurator is not even close to done / complete yet; they just turned it live a couple of days ago, and have said that it will change a number of times before it becomes complete.
I've never heard of then mentioning a HUD; but if you feel you need one, and they don't offer it, you can add it on your own; there are a number of aftermarket companies that are working on them.

One other point to mention, Elio Owners Forum is not affiliated with Elio Motors, so for specific answers to questions on the Elio, you should contact them directly; if you need the information on how to contact them, we will provide it to you.

-Coss

Top Bottom