• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The A-z Of Three-wheelers - On Sale

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One more order placed, thank you.:)
You guys are welcome. Wasn't sure anyone would want one. Man was I wrong! I have no idea how many Elvis at 3wheelers has sold so far, but I'm sure it's paying for the website at least.

I've often made a wish to see a world class 'Wizards of Three' convention. Maybe that could become a 'Wizards Of Three' presentation at an Elio Owners convention someday. It would be cool to get Paul, RQ-Riley, Pirrer Either or Elvis Payne to come and make a presentation.
Here in Az would be the easiest place to get Paul or Riley to show up, since they live here. A free plane ticket can often leverage others.

PS, I have a Elvis signed copy of the paper cover one, but bought a hardcopy to give to EM at their local office. If you go to an Elio exhibition, maybe bring your book to have it signed! I'm going to try and get Paul to sign mine someday.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is fun (according to me). I found a review of the book at MotorCycleClassics.Com by their -staff-, see the text below.
(wow, just noticed you can order it at Walmart for under $26 too. It's much more popular than I thought! It means you'll probably like it. Really good reviews on Amazon too.)

Three-wheel motorcycles have been making something of a comeback of late. Witness the Can-Am Spyder and a plethora of lesser trikes from the Far East. Harley-Davidson, which made the three-wheeled Servi-Car from 1932-1973, has rejoined the trike trend with its Tri Glide Ultra, a fully dressed three-wheeler for the Bar and Shield crowd.
While The A-Z of Three-Wheelers’ main focus is on vehicles with car-like aspirations, it recognizes the importance of three-wheeled motorcycles in the category, including three-wheelers such as the Scott Sociable made by Scott Motorcycle founder Angus Scott, the Ariel Tri-Car and the Convertible Motorcycle built by Lion Cycle Co. in the U.K. And while we’d be happy to see more motorcycle-derived three-wheelers in this book, the vehicles that are included are fantastic, ranging from the space-aged, aerodynamically shaped 1937 Airomobile to the 180-degree steering 1956 Bond Mk C Deluxe Tourer.
And yes, there is a Reliant Robin, the three-wheeler made famous by Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson in a drive report spent mostly on the Robin’s side, with Clarkson rolling it at every opportunity during his drive.
Three-wheelers from every continent are covered, and it’s fascinating to discover just how many companies tried — and mostly failed — to find success in the three-wheeled category. One of many companies that did find success was Daihatsu, Japan’s oldest car company and the first to make motorized tricycles in Japan.
Organized alphabetically by manufacturer, the book includes model details and features more than 470 photographs of different three-wheelers. Written by three-wheeler enthusiast Elvis Payne with an introduction by Charles Morgan, former chairman of Morgan Motor Co. (Morgan made three-wheelers from 1911-1952 and reintroduced a three-wheeler to its lineup in 2011), The A-Z of Three-Wheelers is a fun and informative look at three-wheelers produced over the last century. Crecy Publishing: 272 pages, $39.95

PS! the Dr Who-mobile is in the book! lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom