• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The A-z Of Three-wheelers - On Sale

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A LINK (and a sale)! Below is a clip from my post on August 22 in the General Discussion forum. It certainly didn't get the kind of enthusiastic response that this thread did!

We oftentimes view our own generations as being wildly inventive, even chuckling at the seeming provincial views of our predecessors for not seeing the wisdom of these ideas sooner. We've seen pony cars and minivans created, but missed the earlier iterations of electric cars and 3 wheeled vehicles. In a reversal of modern times, in the earliest days of automobiling it was easier to find a service station that could recharge your electric powered vehicle than one selling gasoline. I draw everyone's attention to the website www.3wheelers.com for the history of three wheeled vehicles, going all the way back to Leonardo da Vinci's plans in 1478. Every Elioowner member should peruse. (Emphasis added).

And, finally, a big welcome to Mr. Payne in joining our group.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it is. I'd be very keen to have a kit build version, but it would have to be of the earlier design, the P3, so I could get it through the MSVA test.

Shame about the other website being closed!
Guess it's too late now but, what other web site that closed?
P.S. I'm thinking of writing a travel book of out-of-the way places that are now worth visiting because of the economy of travel with the Elio.
I think I'll title it. "Mad Dogs and Englishmen." That's how to tell you've traveled too far into the bush. LOL

Last edited:

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The other website was about Reliant cars.

Radio 2 is probably the most popular radio station in UK. One DJ has a novelty feature where "Elvis" comes along to the studio and answers all sorts of obscure and technical questions from listeners, on any subject. He answers in the style of Elvis Presley. The phrase " Elvis is in the building" comes from there.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The other website was about Reliant cars.

Radio 2 is probably the most popular radio station in UK. One DJ has a novelty feature where "Elvis" comes along to the studio and answers all sorts of obscure and technical questions from listeners, on any subject. He answers in the style of Elvis Presley. The phrase " Elvis is in the building" comes from there.
YOu might have picked up the thread here of those claiming the Elio a chick magnet. Wouldn't surprise me that someone will named his Elio. "Hunk a burnen Luv." LOL

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure it will be. The Liege attracts ladies of a certain age, too. Trouble is, most of them trip over their Zimmer frames trying to climb in.
Hilarious!!!!! We call them walkers here. They soup them up by adding tennis balls to the front legs. LOL "Zimmer" implies some sort of high performance abilities.

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A LINK (and a sale)! Below is a clip from my post on August 22 in the General Discussion forum. It certainly didn't get the kind of enthusiastic response that this thread did!

We oftentimes view our own generations as being wildly inventive, even chuckling at the seeming provincial views of our predecessors for not seeing the wisdom of these ideas sooner. We've seen pony cars and minivans created, but missed the earlier iterations of electric cars and 3 wheeled vehicles. In a reversal of modern times, in the earliest days of automobiling it was easier to find a service station that could recharge your electric powered vehicle than one selling gasoline. I draw everyone's attention to the website www.3wheelers.com for the history of three wheeled vehicles, going all the way back to Leonardo da Vinci's plans in 1478. Every Elioowner member should peruse. (Emphasis added).

And, finally, a big welcome to Mr. Payne in joining our group.
With more members being added all the time to this forum, and the enthusiastic response to a single post about Mr. Payne's book, perhaps we should have a means for sponsorship so that all members, current and future, are introduced to 3wheelers.com, and the Elio's place in history.

Okuma Steve (our administrator) and Elvis Payne, do you like the idea?

Last edited:

Elvis Payne

Reaction score
Hello, First of all thank you very much for all your "Welcomes" they are much appreciated. Also thank you again to everyone who bought a copy of my A-Z of Three-Wheelers book, I really hope that you enjoyed it, as a result of this thread sales on Amazon.com were really boosted. :) I would also like to add an additional thank you to those who left a review of the book on Amazon as reviews really help.

I am glad that it was the first book to include the Elio though it is a shame that when it went to print the only images of it were what Elio calls the Mule and a computer rendition of how it would look. It would have been great to include one of the more recent images, I was in contact with Elio but as the book went to print there were no other images to use which was a shame. I think it is also the only vehicle in the book with a 2014 date.

HHH It would be grand if members were made aware of 3-wheelers.com and I am grateful to all those who mention it. I started the site 14 years ago and at the time I was single and could spend every night on it and update it once a week. Things have changed now though as I am married with a son and so whilst finding time for my family, writing projects and my other interest of photography (which is now also raising request) it has become harder to update the site. I am working on a large update for it and I am aware of a few font issues (strangely the result of upgrading my machine to Windows 8.1) that have crept into the site that I need to sort out. I shall have to update the Elio page on there.

I for one am really hoping the Elio hits full production and it is interesting to see there are now over 35,000 reservations for it. It would be great to see them in the UK as well as I'd love to see one in the flesh. :)

Top Bottom