• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Aftermath

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
With your kind of resume, don't you have to be someplace building rocketship or somethin'? :D I meant that as a joke! In your expert opinion, you think after years of delay can EM still sell the ELIO for $7400 that is if they ever get to prod?

Oh yea. Elio could still do it. He still has the preorders just begging to be collected. The electric grid is not ready for them and they still cost WAY too much. But Elio cant wait forever. He needs to get things going so he can design more cars. Musk isnt waiting forever. He knows he cant wait for the electric grid. Thats why he is getting into the solar roof business. Those roofs will be powering his cars. Thats Musks future. And while his sales ramp up slow, he has been using the time to make his unique car features. Elio needs to get to work on unique cheap car features for his future cars. But hes stuck in idle for now and its wasting his time.

As for my job, I quess I could have been a rocket scientist but theres not many of those jobs compared to automation engineering.

NOTE : EDITED TO REMOVE INAPPROPRIATE POLITICAL AND PERSONAL COMMENTS

Last edited by a moderator:

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Stuart Lichter is one of the reason I've remained optimistic. The guy didn't become wealthy beyond belief by investing in garbage. The fact that he continues to help Elio tells me that he sees the potential in what they're doing.

Elios board members are no slouch either. They will be highly important to helping Elio land other investors. This is not a smoke and mirrors operation. Theres alot of quality stuff going on here under the hood.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh yea. Elio could still do it. He still has the preorders just begging to be collected. Obama made people insane about electric cars but reality proved they had very slow traction. And theres no sign they will ramp up soon. The electric grid is not ready for them and they still cost WAY too much. But Elio cant wait forever. He needs to get things going so he can design more cars. Musk isnt waiting forever. He knows he cant wait for the electric grid. Thats why he is getting into the solar roof business. Those roofs will be powering his cars. Thats Musks future. And while his sales ramp up slow, he has been using the time to make his unique car features. Elio needs to get to work on unique cheap car features for his future cars. But hes stuck in idle for now and its wasting his time.

As for my job, I quess I could have been a rocket scientist but theres not many of those jobs compared to automation engineering. There is just soo many dumb people here in Ohio that all they can handle is pushing 2 green buttons. Especially now that they are legalizing pot. Hopefully even stoners can run the machines I setup without chopping a body part off. Im just going to hold my breath and hope Trump and Sessions stops all this legal pot insanity.
Very well said. Welcome to the forum.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just to clarify folks... Stu is a "RACER partner" only in the sense that his IRG company bought properties from RACER outright in Michigan and Ohio presumably with the understanding that that company will develop those properties. Neither Lichter nor IRG are in any kind of partnership with RACER regarding the property in LA. Stu will also be part of a "panel discussion on industrial development opportunities" that will be hosted by RACER at the The Great Lakes Sustainability Summit" in October in Chicago. Just for the sake of preventing additional misunderstanding.

http://www.racertrust.org/News/RACE...-for-Sale-of-Buildings-and-Land-in-Pontiac-MI
http://www.racertrust.org/News/5651

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Just to clarify folks...Stu, Racer trust and Elio are all in the same bed and under the same sheets and handcuffed together with ankle chains. If Elio can pull this off, Elio gets rich, Stu makes big money, and Racer trust gets their $23million loan back with interest and a huge success of their mandate to repurpose bankrupt automotive properties. So they all have huge interest in helping each other out. They are not simply casual business aquantenses. Stu is also one of Elios board of directors and is privy to all the inside goings on. So when Stu allows Elio to make rent payments with stock instead of cash, that says he knows the reality but sees a future. Stu went further and fiercely defended that decision to the other members of the RACER trust that voiced objections to that change. If there was some sense of hopelessness here, I am inclined to think Stu would be throwing in the towel on this rather than accepting stock. He has his own obligations to worry about with reguards to owning this property.

Bookly

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Stu is also one of Elios board of directors and is privy to all the inside goings on. So when Stu allows Elio to make rent payments with stock instead of cash, that says he knows the reality but sees a future.
That is a possible explanation. However Stu didn't do this out of a belief that stock was better than cash. There was no cash. It was either take stock or call it all a loss.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So when Stu allows Elio to make rent payments with stock instead of cash, that says he knows the reality but sees a future.
Just to play a bit of devil's advocate: When you know the tenant doesn't have the cash to pay the rent, and you know you can't rent that land to anyone else, then what do you have to lose by accepting an IOU? At least with the stock in his pocket, he makes out like a bandit if it ever does go to production.

To me, what's more promising is that Stuart Lichter is still pumping money into it by purchasing more stock. And so is Ken Way. And that other guy, who's name I can't remember...

Top Bottom