• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Aftermath

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yeah Ok. What's your SIL again? To each his own. It's not your spirit I question... It's your "facts" that I'm all over here.
Since you're completely new to dis place, We'll let your personal attack and name-calling slide... ONCE. Both expressly forbidden here.
Evidently you haven't watched and learned enough to know the rules and the art of holding a meaningful civil conversation. BTW, welcome to the site.

Hah, haters are haters. I dont see the point in looking up the politically correct word to use in place of that truthful word. Reality is what makes the world turn. Mumbo jumbo just confusses the issues. Elio needs big money to produce his car ideas. He got some but not near enough. And the reasons for it are crystal clear to those that appreciate the facts. Its unknown if Elio can actually overcome his cash deficite, but I think he has a good product if he can get his funding. Now he is trying to list on the NASDAC. Thats a good idea, and Im cautiously optimistic. Thats why I tell people to reserve for $100. With a T-shirt and bumper stickers, you only risk $80 on a potential good thing. :)

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
To demonstrate how off-base this is, Regen is built into every wholesale battery/controller system on the market. Nuff said.

Hah, there isnt squat thats "off base" about what I say. And in 5 years when Sonders gets sued 5 ways from sunday, it will be no surprise to me

NOTE : inflammatory comment removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hah, there isnt squat thats "off base" about what I say. And in 5 years when Sonders gets sued 5 ways from sunday, it will be no surprise to me and I wont even remember your name. :)
Those are the facts. Do your research. Enjoy your stay here.

NOTE : inflammatory comment removed

Last edited by a moderator:

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Those are the facts. Do your research. Enjoy your stay here. With your objectivity and civility I can see that it may not be a long one.

Well you know, Im an automation engineer. Theres not a thing about any of this that Im not an expert on. I could build the Sonders. I could single handedly build that Elio factory into production. There just isnt enough of me. :) So you can continue to hate on me because you cant stand it that I have it all figured out, but it really doesnt change anything. If Elio gets the money he says he needs, Im going to get my car. As for Sonders, he really doesnt have squat yet so he is not even worth sueing, and theres nothing yet to consider. I will be more "objective" about it when facts pop up that changes all that. Batteries are the single impediment to Elio like affordability. They need 50% increase in capacity and the battery price needs to be cut in half to yield a car to compete with the Elio. In fact, I would hope Elio would eventually make an electric version of his car when the battery prices drop. The highway aerodynamics would be great at curing range anxiety.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm Welcome stts, very glad to have you join us, and bring some new in-sites to this forum.
Make sure to browse around, and if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask.
And if you ever have a problem, please let us know, we'll be glad to look into it for you.
You can do this by sending a message to myself or JEBar and we'll be glad to look into it.

Welcome to Elio Owners, we glad to have to join us.

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hmm Welcome stts, very glad to have you join us, and bring some new in-sites to this forum.
Make sure to browse around, and if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask.
And if you ever have a problem, please let us know, we'll be glad to look into it for you.
You can do this by sending a message to myself or JEBar and we'll be glad to look into it.

Welcome to Elio Owners, we glad to have to join us.
Thank you. I just posted my introduction and I hope I can add some clarity to the discussions here. There is just so much hate everywhere on Elio about totally brainless beefs. Maybe I can smother some of that with facts that really matter. :)

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well you know, Im an automation engineer.

Hello stts! Since you're an engineer maybe you can help me with something I've been wondering about. Let's say Elio can't get enough funding for full scale production, do you think there's a way they could start off on a smaller scale and still make it work? I mean people build cars in their garage all the time. And I agree with your comment about once these cars get on the road people are going to want them! So why not get a few rolling off the line and out there.

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello stts! Since you're an engineer maybe you can help me with something I've been wondering about. Let's say Elio can't get enough funding for full scale production, do you think there's a way they could start off on a smaller scale and still make it work? I mean people build cars in their garage all the time. And I agree with your comment about once these cars get on the road people are going to want them! So why not get a few rolling off the line and out there.

Nope. If they cant get the funding they need they cant make this work. The key here is to use their supplier agreement portfolio and make parts orders at bulk rate discount. Thats how they keep the car price low. If they switch to small scale production, they would have to raise the car price considerably. Then people would not be so in love with this any more. I saw how the front fender fell off in the video. They have 2 studs that 2 tubes welded to the fender slip over. With "set screws" that were bound to wiggle loose. For $7grand thats no sweat for me to fix up if it hasnt already been redesigned. But if small scale production doubled the price, I would not be so happy with that kind of design. As for getting a few going, they are trying to get 20 going but ran out of money. Now if they get $100million, I think they will really focus on getting the assembly line running with the first 20. I am sure they see the urgency with getting some kind of production going while they find more funding. Even if its from their own RACER partners that are hesitant right now.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well you know, Im an automation engineer. Theres not a thing about any of this that Im not an expert on. I could build the Sonders. I could single handedly build that Elio factory into production. There just isnt enough of me. :) So you can continue to hate on me because you cant stand it that I have it all figured out, but it really doesnt change anything. If Elio gets the money he says he needs, Im going to get my car. As for Sonders, he really doesnt have squat yet so he is not even worth sueing, and theres nothing yet to consider. I will be more "objective" about it when facts pop up that changes all that. Batteries are the single impediment to Elio like affordability. They need 50% increase in capacity and the battery price needs to be cut in half to yield a car to compete with the Elio. In fact, I would hope Elio would eventually make an electric version of his car when the battery prices drop. The highway aerodynamics would be great at curing range anxiety.
With your kind of resume, don't you have to be someplace building rocketship or somethin'? :D I meant that as a joke! In your expert opinion, you think after years of delay can EM still sell the ELIO for $7400 that is if they ever get to prod?

Top Bottom