• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Back Seat...

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kind of low tech but I'll bet it works every time; what car is that? Never hear of the model name before; Imparator 108i ?

I was curious also so I looked it up. It was a low volume mid 80s to mid 90s Mercedes engine based (not quite) super car. Space frame and fiberglass body. Top speed about 175-180, 0-60 about 5 sec.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the back seat and the front seat are "re-clinable" it should not be a problem.
My G1 is a two seater, and I use the passenger seat for "snoozing" on my cross country trips. I move the pass, seat forward as far as it will go. Click it down as far as the back will go, then slide it back till it hits the bulkhead .My legs are almost straight out. No pedals in the way. I have no problem sleeping.
I also take baths at the Truck Stops. Cross country and no paying 80 bucks for a bed and bath.
Sure saves a lot of money.

Willie

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is an outlet and a cup holder for the rear seat. The back seat has plenty of width and adequate legroom. Here are the numbers:

The Elio driver's seat is 20.6 inches wide. The average economy seat in either a Boeing 737 or an Airbus 320 is 17.4 inches. Premium seating averages 20.45 inches wide for each of these aircraft.

This means that if your butt fits into an airline seat, it will be comfy in the Elio. Width of the rear passenger seat is 25.3 inches, and you're moving into deluxe first class territory.

Looking at the legroom, the Elio driver gets 42.7 inches, and the rear passenger gets a tighter 33.1 inches. That's bigger than the economy seat pitch (not identical to legroom, but fairly close), and the Elio driver gets more legroom than most first class air travelers.

My conclusion: Elio drivers are definitely in great shape for butt and leg room (and shoulder room, too). Rear seat passengers get tremendous seat width and OK legroom.

Last edited:

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the legroom, the Elio driver gets 42.7 inches, and the rear passenger gets a tighter 33.1 inches. That's bigger than the economy seat pitch (not identical to legroom, but fairly close), and the Elio driver gets more legroom than most first class air travelers.

My conclusion: Elio drivers are definitely in great shape for butt and leg room (and shoulder room, too). Rear seat passengers get tremendous seat width and OK legroom.
I wonder what the passenger legroom is with the driver's seat moved forward, i.e., if it's just you in the car, move the driver's seat all the way forward and get into the back. If you can move the seat forward 4 inches, then that should be more than enough for you to sleep in.

Top Bottom