• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Back Seat...

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kind of low tech but I'll bet it works every time; what car is that? Never hear of the model name before; Imparator 108i ?

Isdera. There Commendatore 112i had it too
S0-Les-monstres-routiers-partie-7-Isdera-Commendatore-112i-53889.jpg

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Isdera. There Commendatore 112i had it too
S0-Les-monstres-routiers-partie-7-Isdera-Commendatore-112i-53889.jpg

Well, that's a car where the periscope is necessary. That car's rear is humped up so where the driver wouldn't be able to see over it with the rear-view mirror. If this was back in the late 80's/early 90's then there wouldn't be any other option. Nowadays, you can fit a small camera over the rear window and put the output into a HUD or a small display where the rear-view mirror would be.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of HUD displays, here's the one I am getting -- and should have it by February. This coming February. Hope it will work in the Elio as well. (Depends on the ODB bus Elio chooses). http://www.navdy.com/zpyeEI4b

Update -- Navdy says they're shipping, and all orders before 12/1 or so will be filled by 3/31. The only problem with this claim is that the controlling software, which works from your iPhone or Android device, has not yet been posted online. Ergo: they're not truly shipping yet.

Get with it guys!

Further update: Elio has made the decisionon OBD1 or OBD2, but is not releasing that information. My guess is that it will be OBD2, because Skyzmatic can't work properly without it ... things like remote starting would require OBD2 for sure.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of HUD displays, here's the one I am getting -- and should have it by February. This coming February. Hope it will work in the Elio as well. (Depends on the ODB bus Elio chooses). http://www.navdy.com/zpyeEI4b
When I talked to Neil of the Elio Tour Group, he said it was going to be OBD II
So it shouldn't be a problem

Dooltd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think this Navdy HUD looks really cool. I'm a Neanderthal when it comes to car electronics, this could change my mind. :cool:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Great. I'm really excited about the thing ... if it works as advertised.
One part I wonder about is: your windshield is laminated glass (2 layers with plastic in-between) when you project on it, it has the possibility of giving you a double image because of the angle of the glass. Is there a "projection screen" that you apply to the windshield so it doesn't do that?

Top Bottom