• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Carver

Atypical

Reaction score
here is one that I thought might fly but the investors put them in the weeds ... don't think they will make it back www.flytheroad.com ...they purchased and were working with Carver for a tilting 3 wheeler
View attachment 71
I had hoped to be tooling around in my Persu by now with my "Where is my Flying Car?" Tee shirt on. I just hope that in the next year or so I can wear my Smiley Face Elio shirt in my Elio.

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="I have no need for them, because I am getting a Elio...

Sigh... not this year you're not... :([/QUOTE]

I can wait... To me the Elio is more then just a three wheel Autocycle, it is a way to travel around the US for low cost... I have the time to travel, just not the cash... with other trips it would cost $750 just in fuel for a round trip to other States and with the Elio I can spend more money on things I would like to spend it on, instead of just paying for the fuel to get somewhere and have no cash/low cash to spend on the Vacation trip it self... I will still spend the $750, but after the 3rd quarter of 2015, I can spend that money some where else...other then fuel... like better food.. Traveling to Elio road trips across the US... I am thinking about buying a Parrot Bebop Drone when they come out, to video the Elio road trips...

Freedom of the Road... The Elio is the Key, for me to travel... So I guess I am a believer and that means I STILL have hope that it is coming... No matter what you say in these posts... I will believe in Elio Motors, until the day that Paul Elio says he gives up and it is not going to happen... " But " there is WAY to much money to be made with the Elio going world wide, so it is going to happen... We just have to wait... for good things to happen... :-)

Paul Elio stated at the last of an interview, back in 2013 that no matter what happened with Elio Motors... every person who put cash down on a Elio would get one... even if they only did a limited run, and the company failed... who ever placed money down would get an Elio... because that is the fair thing to do!!

After that interview I became a Elio believer and that is why my number is #2225 ... an " All in Grander"

Proud to be... an Elio owner... soon #2225

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There was some discussion 4-5 years ago about a tilting version of the Elio. Perhaps that tilt will be an option for the 2017 Elio 2.0.

dunkybones

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Elio stated at the last of an interview, back in 2013 that no matter what happened with Elio Motors... every person who put cash down on a Elio would get one... even if they only did a limited run, and the company failed... who ever placed money down would get an Elio... because that is the fair thing to do!!

After that interview I became a Elio believer and that is why my number is #2225 ... an " All in Grander"

Proud to be... an Elio owner... soon #2225

I would like to see that interview, do you remember where you saw it?

dunkybones

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Carver was the first concept vehicle where I said, "I would totally drive that..." It's a shame they folded. I'd heard that they had sold off the technology, and it has shown up in some other vehicles, but no one has taken it back to the original Carver vision.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They sold off all the assets and formed Carver Technology to license their "Dynamic Vehicle Control" technology.

http://www.carver-technology.com/about_us.htm

Apparently Persu/FlyTheRoad/Whatever licensed the DVC tech from them... and vanished. Maybe Elio would take them under their wing once they are established and cranking out Elios. It would totally fit their business plan.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Carver was the first concept vehicle where I said, "I would totally drive that..." It's a shame they folded. I'd heard that they had sold off the technology, and it has shown up in some other vehicles, but no one has taken it back to the original Carver vision.
VandenBrink still owns rights to the DVC Technology. Lynx is scheduled to release the Lynx Lean Electric in Europe this Fall. It is much like the original Carver with some nice front end mods........and of course the new electric platform. Very nice!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ho-Lee-Crap! WANT! :eek:

But $50K? And thats before it even gets on a boat... I see that you can pre-order.. and you get a leather jacket... and an "app"... and gloves... for only $10K (refundable).

This could be Elio's equivalent to the Tesla Roadster. :) Yes, it's hella expensive, but it's worth it!

Elio = Model S
Lynx = Roadster

http://www.diavelo-migros.com

And it looks like they are finalizing the interior as of last month...

https://www.facebook.com/lynxcars

Top Bottom