• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Carver

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's the spirit! I have an awesome set of crescent wrenches that I haven't lost the 9/16th out of yet and the metric side is blemish free. I can never find a screwdriver when I need one, but I think I own about 27 of them.

I got some other tools too... like a hammer... and an AS degree from Embry Riddle in aircraft maintenance... and an FAA airframe and power plant certification... not directly applicable, but it wouldn't hurt. :)

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about a Lynx kit-car... You provide the Honda CBR 500, they provide everything else. As much CBR component re-use as possible. Maybe a Honda NX700 (my current bike). It already gets 66MPG. With those Lynx aerodynamics, it would be awesome.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well get $50K and maybe we can get a deal on a bulk order. :)
I'm working on that $50K! It seems you will be able to do your own maintenance.......even on the Elio.

The Lynx partners finalized the interior design a few weeks ago. Body style is locked in and they say vehicles on the twisty roads of Europe later this year. They originally were looking to mass produce to bring cost down, but 39,995 Euro makes it a rich man's toy. Apparently 50% of the cost is the battery pack. They plan to also build a more affordable Lynx Lean ICE model but that seems a ways out.

My favorite concept is the Lit Motors C-1 which I prefer over the Lynx. I have a reservation deposit on this one............and the Elio.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
May be a fantastic vehicle but its $50K is still out of the price range of most average people. The style, fuel efficiency, safety, and $6800 cost is what makes the Elio soooooo attractive to most of us.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
May be a fantastic vehicle but its $50K is still out of the price range of most average people. The style, fuel efficiency, safety, and $6800 cost is what makes the Elio soooooo attractive to most of us.
I agree which is why I have an Elio reservation. However, the C-1 EV first production run is $24K with their future mass production goal to be much more affordable and commuter FUNctional for the masses.

dunkybones

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm working on that $50K! It seems you will be able to do your own maintenance.......even on the Elio.

The Lynx partners finalized the interior design a few weeks ago. Body style is locked in and they say vehicles on the twisty roads of Europe later this year. They originally were looking to mass produce to bring cost down, but 39,995 Euro makes it a rich man's toy. Apparently 50% of the cost is the battery pack. They plan to also build a more affordable Lynx Lean ICE model but that seems a ways out.

My favorite concept is the Lit Motors C-1 which I prefer over the Lynx. I have a reservation deposit on this one............and the Elio.
View attachment 1119
I put my name on the list for the Lit C-1 as well.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I put my name on the list for the Lit C-1 as well.
We both have reservations on 2 concept vehicles! Based on Lit's current build progress I'm thinking we will be driving Elio's awhile before the C-1's make production. The C-1 will be a very fun ride.

Top Bottom